Chapter 37: Notes

Cassie's POV:

"Alright, bye class! Go off to your next class or whatever." Mrs Kim muttered, focusing on her nails.

Earlier in the class, she started fretting because one of her nails fell off. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my stuff, heading to the library. I needed to go through the stuff I missed while I was in hospital.

Mrs Kim was arguably one of the dumbest teachers in the school. She was somehow the junior maths teacher, even though she didn't know what the pythagoras theorem was. She was probably just hired because of the dwindling number of teachers in this school.

I arrived at the library and pulled the copy of notes out of my bag. Blaze had photocopied them from his own ones, so I could highlight whatever I needed. I flipped the page over the staple and smoothened down the crease. I took a glance at which subject it was and saw maths.

Heh, my parents have already taught me maths till year 12, but oh well...

I easily breezed through the notes, and Blaze had even added a few questions to solve so I could understand it better. I looked up at the clock to check the time.

5:02 pm

Somebody tapped my shoulder. Hoping it was Blaze, I turned around, but instead, I saw another person.

Brandon.

"What's up Cass?" He asked smugly.

"Go away, don't you have anything better to do? Maybe learning to use your brain? Oh wait, you don't have one." I snorted.

"Hmm, the only thing in my brain is you." He smirked.

"What? And a billion other girls you're just going to hurt?" I sighed.

I really don't have time for this guy's blabbering.

"More like a billion times you." Brandon smiled, weirdly.

"Alright, this is just cringe at this point, can I throw up?" Somebody snorted from behind Brandon.

Brandon whipped his head around angrily, seeing Blaze with a concerned and disgusted look. Brandon's smile turned into a sneer and he loomed over Blaze menacingly.

"Oh, look who it is. Itty bitty Blazey who needs somebody to save him every time. Don't you have anything to do? Maybe getting flowers for your brother's grave?" Brandon sneered.

Blaze went pale, then his face twisted into fury.

"Do not, I repeat, do not speak of my brother like that." He hissed.

"Or what? You're going to get your pathetic girlfriend to karate-chop me?" Brandon scoffed.

"You do realise I am right here? And besides, calling me pathetic won't help you go out with me." I snorted.

"Speaking of which, I'm having dinner tonight, care to join?" Brandon smirked, turning to face me.

I looked at him in disgust. Who does he think he is?

"I would rather get beaten up, thank you very much." I wrinkled my nose.

Brandon turned to face me completely.

"Your wish." He sneered, then yanked out my chair harshly.

I nearly fell out of my chair and narrowed my eyes. I noticed Brandon was about to raise a sharpened pencil to scratch me with, and I narrowly dodged it. I kicked his foot off balance and hopped up, snatching the pencil from his hands. Brandon wasn't prepared and landed right on his butt. Blaze stifled a snicker and walked over to me. Even with the mask on, I could tell he was smiling.