Chapter 3: First Day

BLAZE'S POV

I got out of the car with my backpack and slammed the door behind me. I walked around the car to reach the sidewalk, since mum had made me go on the road's side. 'Lily is smaller, she can't do it! Go on the other side you idiot!' I huffed and looked at the towering building. It was huge, probably 10 times bigger than our mansion. I looked back at the car and saw Lily pull down the window.

"Bye Blaze! Miss you!" She chirped, and she made a heart with her hands.

Mum gave me a disapproving glare and mouthed to me, 'Don't mess up'.

I brushed this off and walked over to Lily, and she gave me a hug through the window. The car began pulling away, and Lily continued to wave until the car turned around the corner. I sighed and walked through the huge, glass doors. It was chaos. Friends catching up and chatting, girls squealing after seeing their besties, people taking snaps, teachers giving directions, and the quiet chirps of the birds outside were drowned out by the sound of talking. I gripped my bag and began walking over to the teacher helping out the new students.

"So, that is the basic layout of our year, but in case you forget or came late to hear all the details, we have a pamphlet here for you guys." A tall woman stood there. She had amber, wavy hair with blonde highlights and hazel eyes. She looked quite like a jolly teacher. I squint at her nametag. Mrs Sinclair: Assistant principal.

"Now, I'll hand out your locker numbers so you can put your bags away." She explained, and in her hand were small slips of paper and a basket of keys.

She began to hand out the pieces of paper until finally, she reached me and handed me a small slip of paper, and in bold, black letters wrote CO19. She smiled warmly and gave me the keys. I murmured a quick thanks and bolted off. I adjusted my black mask and hoodie as I dodged the large groups of people.

"Oi! Watch where you're going!" Someone yelled from behind me.

I ignored them and continued sprinting past, the cut in my leg screaming for me to stop. I was about to slow down when I suddenly bumped into a girl, and my supplies flew everywhere.

"O- oh! So- sorry!" She stammered, kneeling down to help me grab my stuff.

I avoided saying anything and picked up my books. I realised that my pencil was missing, but I glanced up and saw that the girl was holding it out to me. I took it from her, our fingers brushing slightly, which I ignored.

"So-sorry..." She stammered again, fiddling with her fingers.

I ignored her and glanced at my locker number again. CO19. I glanced at the lockers around me and found it around the corner. When I stood up, I saw the girl more clearly. She has straight, black hair with a brown beanie and pale skin. She was wearing a baggy cream coloured sweater and baggy jeans and thin rimmed brown glasses. I gave her a small nod of acknowledgement and ran off to my locker. I huffed and fumbled around with the keys and unlocked it.

"Hey, Blaze!" A familiar voice called from behind me.

I shiver went down my spine, I knew that voice very well. I summoned up my courage and turned around, and saw Brandon, my middle school bully.

"What's up nerd?" He called, and a few of his 'friends' snickered along.

"Says the idiot who forgot the first American president." I mutter.

Suddenly, strong arms pinned me against my locker.

"What did you say nerd?" He hissed.

"You heard me. Idiot." I snapped back.

A strong surge of pain seared through my face and there was a loud crunching noise. Brandon let go, cursing under his breath while his 'friends' laughed. Blood trickled down my nose and I felt for it, only to feel wet blood, flowing to the creases in my hand. I sighed. High school is gonna  suck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! How's the book so far??? Also, thanks for 6 reads! It's just starting, and I'm so happy rn!!! Also, jtlyk, after May I'll be posting a lot more since I have a really big exam coming up, and it'll end in May sooo yea! Love u guys, enjoy!

KK