Lapis' Learning Day

3rd Pov

We see the beach of beach city with the Crystal temple overlooking the ocean, on the beach we find a familia blue gem sitting by the shore as she makes the water move in different ways before forming the water into Dragonstone and Garnet's fusion dance and then forms Goldstone, Sardonyx and Citrine

Lapis: "They fuse a lot with each other...I wonder if it's normal for them. But then again, they've known each other for so long and I only got to know them a few months ago..." she sighs

Garnet: stands behind the unsuspecting lapis "What's wrong? You seem troubled."

Lapis: she tensed up and her eyes widened as she stopped controlling the water "Garnet!" Looks over her shoulder "It's, nothing! Really..."

Garnet: "I know what nothing is, and that's not nothing." She walked up and sat beside Lapis as the latter hugged her knees and looked away "You seem curious about fusion."

Lapis: blushes and talks sarcastically "How could you tell, I hid it so well..." she sighs "It's just confusing to me..."

Garnet: "Fusion is not confusing, it is a bond between two gems and a bond that takes time." She looks into the distance "You can't just want to fuse with someone for the sake of doin it."

Lapis: "Yeah, you're right...plus I've only known Dragonstone for a small amount of time and he seems to take it very seriously." She sighs and looks down "I just don't want to mess things up, he's my only friend."

Garnet: "Fusion is important to Dragonstone because of how he's grown, when we first knew him he was extremely territorial and protective of Amethyst."

Lapis: "Amethyst? You're right, they seem super close..."

Garnet: shifts her shades "But it's not the kind of close you'd think, Amethyst and Dragonstone could never love one another romantically because they are too close."

Lapis: "So they aren't together?"

Garnet: "Heck no. Amethyst and Dragonstone could never be more different, Dragonstone is a gem who strives for the freedom of others and himself, Amethyst-..." they hear a scream and look back to see Amethyst falling off the ledge by the lighthouse into the sand "She's Amethyst."

Lapis: she chuckles "What about Pearl? They seem kind of close too."

Garnet: "Dragonstone and Pearl had a rocky start. Dragonstone would often drag Amethyst around wherever he went, Pearl said he was controlling and possessive of Amethyst, but we all knew Dragonstone made her uneasy."

Lapis: she frowns "Why? Was Dragonstone really like that? He sounds like a jerk kind of." She chuckles

Garnet: "A jerk, no. A little insensitive and blunt? Very much. Dragonstone was still learning to have emotion and sympathise, he believed that Amethyst was meant to stay her him wherever he went, so when Pearl reprimanded him they had a fallout, let's just say Rose and I struggled to keep them from destroying each other."

Lapis: "Whoa, can't imagine Dragonstone and Pearl fighting each other, they seem so friendly with each other."

Garnet: "Because they both have a common goal, to protect Rose and now Steven, they both are able to set aside their differences for the sheer fact of protecting someone they find special. That and the fact that her and Dragonstone both find solace in intellectual conversations."

Lapis: she smiles "And what about you? You and Dragonstone fused into that giant fusion and then then turned into a monster or something. No offence."