𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

It is 6:30am on a Monday morning and I am at volleyball whoop, whoop.

I am still a bit jetlagged, and I already want to jump back into bed. We arrived home yesterday but coach would not give us the day off.

"Back to it girls." Miss Laurier claps her hands together as soon as we get distracted.

"Mads can I talk to you." Miss Laurier tells me. I nod and try not to yawn as I walk over to her. "Alright Cap, are you ready to get back into it?" She asks.

"Of course." I smile. "Well get back into the game. Get your mindset out of beach, tan, food, Italy and let's get back into it." She tells me firmly.

"Yep, I know." I nod my head. She nods back. "Alright let's do a practice match." She tells the team.

We get into two separate teams and begin hitting it to each other. As soon as one small mistake happened, we must go over it. "No one cares about the tan you got ladies." She says to Liv and me.

We were talking about how annoying she was being.

"We were talking about strategies Miss." Olivia tells her.

"Sure, you were." Miss Laurier says.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

I sit in English class while the teacher goes over stuff I am hardly listening too.

We begin writing about some English book. Harvey puts his hand up. "Miss what book are we talking about again?"

The teacher glares at him. "The Great Gatsby Harvey." He nods and writes that down on his page.

"You know Harvey if your cleverness was in a race, you would be in a very slow lane." I tell him.

He rolled his eyes. "And if sarcasm were an Olympic sport you would have enough metals to open a jewellery store."

I laugh. "Oh please, if brains were a currency, you would be begging for change on the street."

He leans in closer, mischief flashing in his eyes. "Well Mads, if beauty was a crime, you'd be serving a life sentence."

Woah.

I feel a flush of warmth hitting my cheeks. My mouth opening but no words coming out. "Well...um. That was a compliment I guess so I win."

He smirks and leans back in his chair. "Whatever you say Maddie."

We continue the class and I try to ignore every time my stomach fluttered thinking about that stupid kiss or whatever the fuck just happened.

"Maddie?" Olivia asks me. "Yep?" I turn my head to her. "I asked if you were going to the party tomorrow night."

"Honestly depends how I feel I am so tried." I tell her.

"Yeah, same I could literally pass out right now." She says.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

When I get home Jackson, Noah, and Levi, all pull me into Jackon's car. "Can someone just tell me what we are doing?" I put my knee up on the seat.

"You know what we are doing." Jackson looks at me through the rearview mirror.

"We are going to Juice Junction aren't we." I laugh.

"Oh yes we are." Jackson turns left.

My brothers and I have gone to Juice Junction for as long as I can remember. It is a place where we catch up. It is like a diner but is famous for its juices.

We arrive and Levi asks for a table and the waiter takes us to a booth.

"Okay let me guess what everybody is getting." Noah laughs. "Mads you are getting a passionfruit mango juice, and fries."

He points to Jackson. "You're getting tropical punch with a burger and fries."

"Noah you're getting Black current with nuggets."

"Am I the greatest or what?" Noah claps for himself.

"You missed one thing on mine." Levi tells him.

"Oh, shit and that special sauce crap." Noah chuckles.

We order our food and once it comes out Noah is in a full description of what he did with his girlfriend for their first date.

"Thank you." I smile at the waiter. I take a sip of my juice and listen to Noah's story. "Then we went to the beach to watch the sunset." He exhales like he didn't even take a breath.

"Woah champ, I bet she loved that." Jackson plops a fry into his mouth.

"She sure did we are going on our second date Friday."

"That's amazing I am so happy for you bro." Levi says with no emotion. "Don't tell me your still hook up on Isabella." Jackson puts his hand on Levi's shoulder.

"I'm not I promise." He fights back. "Don't even lie. I saw you looking through photos with her." Noah says.

"Well of course I was why would she move Countries and then just ghost me?" He sighs.

I take one fry and try to block out the thoughts in my head. "What the fuck her problem." Jackson crosses his arms.

"Tell me about it." Levi runs a hand through his hair.

He then looks up at the waiter who comes back with some sauce. "She's gorgeous." Levi smirks.

"That switch up in emotions was fucking fast." Noah laughs.

"How's college basketball going" I ask Jackson.

"It's not bad. We got into the Semi's." he grins. "That's amazing oh my god." I smile.

We continue to talk about all our sports and once we were done we pay and head home.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

I hope you liked this chapter!

Please comment what you think of the book so far or what you would like to see more

ilysm