𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Our teacher of course springs a fucking history project on us. "And you will be in partners." She says turning her head to the board.

That is enough to get our class into non-stop chatter. "Mads partners?" Olivia asks me.

"Of course." I smile. My head turns to Harvey who sits beside Nate quietly. We still haven't talked about our almost kiss and it is driving me crazy.

Neither of us were drunk, my mind swirls with thoughts but snap out of it when the teacher says she will be choosing partners.

"Are you serious." Someone in the back says.

"Yes, I am serious." She takes out a piece of paper. She calls out names, but they are all a blur until I hear my name. "Maddie Ford and Asher Whitlock."

We both nods our heads, and he signals me to come over. "Whats up." He smiles.

Asher is known for being the biggest player in the school. "Not much." I sit down and open my books.

"Should we get started?" I take a pen out of my pencil case. "Yep, let's do this." He claps his hands together.

Harvey brushes by be and I turn around and our eyes connect. I immediately break it and turn back to my work. I try to ignore my stomach flutter.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

At lunch I sit with the girls, and they are all talking about our next volleyball match.

"Shit." I mutter out and stand up from the table. "I forgot I had to give in my maths homework in yesterday.

They all nod and I practically sprint to my locker.

I walk out of his class with a detention freaking slip I grumpily walk back to my friends. I see Harvey walk by and his eyes flicker to the slip in my hand a smirk tugging at his lips. "Another detention wow." He chuckles.

"Shush." I brush past him. He catches my wrist and turns me around. "So Asher huh?" Envy tingling off 'his voice.

"Why, you jealous Harvs?" I repeat what he said to me the other night. He laughs.

His jaw flexes and he lets out a fake laugh. "Jealous? Please." He scoffs.

I take a step forward. "It's okay Harvey. You seemed to like when I was jealous the other day." I take a step forward.

"So, you were jealous." He smirks. "I was not." I say trying to convince him but also myself.

"Okay Lets just put that behind us okay. Stick to frenemies?" He brushes a hand through his hair.

I try not to let those stupid maybe feelings for him affect me. "Sounds good to me." I stare into his dark blue eyes.

"Perfect." He says nearly a whisper as his eyes flash to my lips but back to my eyes so quickly I don't think many people would notice.

After a few moments I exhale. "See you later Harvey." His eyes drop to the floor, and he sighs and puts on a smile. "Yep."

𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐘

I begin my morning like practically any other. The loud basketballs hitting the gym floor. Today is an important day as our big game is coming up. Although I can't seem to concentrate as Maddie keeps creeping back in.

I can't shake the feeling of the other day when we almost kissed. I dribble the ball down the court. I am meant to dislike her. But how can I dislike someone so beautiful. It isn't just her beauty that matters it's her personality, listening to her laugh, smile. It stresses me out knowing she doesn't eat. I want her to be happy.

I need to stop. She does not fucking feel the same way.

"Aye Harvey pass the ball." I hear Asher yell at me.

Shut the fuck up.

I shoot him the ball and he goes for a shot and misses. Hah.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

I unlock the front door and I hear the smashing of glass. I sprint into the kitchen to see my dad with his head down hands in fists. My mom stands in the corner looking frightened a big cut runs down her cheek.

"What the fuck is going on." I run to my mom. "Honey, go to your room." She pleads.

I ignore her. "What the fuck is wrong with you." I yell at my dad.

He puts his hands up like I am in the wrong. "Come down bud. It's your mothers' fault." He stutters out.

"You really think I am gonna believe that after all the shit you have put mom through, you know what not just mom me and the kids." I yell at him taking a step forward.

He takes a step back till he backs into the wall. "I am trying my best son." He looks down at the ground.

"By smashing plates and hurting your wife?" I eye him.

"It's because she wants to divorce me." He exhales.

"I agree with her, do you want me to go through all the reasons why she should divorce yo-"

His fist swings into my right cheek causing me to stumble backwards. "What the fuck." I snap at him. I don't want to wake up my siblings or worry mom, so I don't continue the fight. My hands ball into fists and I yell. "Just get the fuck out." I put a hand on my cheek.

"You little shit. You don't talk to your father that way." He spits in my face. "No, you don't talk to your son this way. Or your wife. I can't believe you dad just why would you do this." I try and hide the emotions that are clearly taking over me.

He shoves me to the ground. "I don't wanna see you again." He yells at me. "You think I want to?" I turn around but he slams the door shut.

My mom comes running over tears rolling down her cheeks. "I'm so sorry. Oh my gosh, sweety." She runs a hand over my cheek, and I try not to flinch.

"It's okay mom." I pull myself up and go to check on Liam and Gigi and they are sitting on the top of the stairs huddled up together.

"Harvey." Gigi manages to get out before she bursts into tears. I rush up the stairs and pull them into me. "Is mommy okay?" Liam looks up at me his eyes filling with tears.

"She's okay." I pull him back into me.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

this is so sad. It's terrible and hard to write.

I appreciate all of you who have been reading this book so far and please comment anything you would like to know ilysm