Chapter 12: Breaking Boundries

The assignment wasn't a simple one, and (Y/n) had to break out her calculator and use a white board to do a few of the problems and possibilities. But in the end, the diagram was finished in, what she considered, record time for her. Ryo was at her side after she was complete, grinning in awe at her amazing speed. But what really satisfied (Y/n) was when even the self indulged student was at a loss, as he looked back at her calculations and then at the finale pice, he seemed almost impressed at the girl's skill. "Not bad...." He whispered, unintentionally loud enough for her to hear, but he noticed the smug smirk appear on the girl's face. As she was about to take a seat, she found the chair in no proximity around her and before she could stop herself, (Y/n) already ended up on the floor. It took her a second to realise the chair had been pulled further back and how much her butt hurt from the sudden impact.

"Dude! That's enough, alright." Ryo lent his hand for the fallen girl to support herself up. Kaito prepared himself for the insults he was expecting, but instead was replaced by a wall of silence from the female. Despite her abasement she stood back up and pulled her chair towards her to sit again and give the boy no heed. This aggravated the red haired intellectual and left him to stare at her.

The (e/c) eyed girl figures that she no longer has any time for lunch so she takes out a homework she had been working on for the past week, and began finishing it off, ignoring the death glares the abrasive male was sending her way. "I'll go and make a copy of this for Bako, I'll catch you guys later." Ryo got up and gave (Y/n) a reprehensible look and left her alone with the annoyed Kaito. The silence was starting to get unbearable and awkward, but the female didn't dare acknowledged the boy.

While she was too preoccupied with her work, Kaito had enough of her sudden loss of interest towards him. As she finished off her own assignment, the girl heard a loud, plastic smack against the ground. She swiftly turned towards the echoing noise and found her calculator into a bunch of different sized pieces. She looked towards the only other person in the room and found a satisfied smirk on the guy's lips. "You should be careful to put your things in safe places. Take a lesson out of this, klutz." (Y/n) got ready to shout at him but caught herself before doing so and simply went over to pick up the pieces of her broken calculator.

As she begrudgingly gathered the useless components, she felt a sharp and painful tug on her hair. She let out a small yelp from the surprise and was unwillingly forced to stare back at the cold eyes of the vexed male. "What's wrong with you? Do I have to physically assault you in order to get a reaction out of you?!" He stopped his speech when he noticed the small smirk on her lips. "W-what's so funny?!" He was baring his teeth at this point, but (Y/n) only kept smiling at him.

"Because I pity you." Kaito seemed at a loss from her words. He struggled to find a decent comeback and tried to comprehend the meaning behind her statement. "Your so thirsty for recognition that your willing to hurt others to get it out of them. You feel like the only way others would notice you is by flaunting your intelligence and manipulating any situation your given. You don't care for making good impressions with those who you don't see worthy enough.... You give off the impression of a lonely little boy that doesn't get enough regard at home so his only friends in life were his books......In all honesty, I don't see you as a villain or hate you......you fall more under the category of a victim to me." Kaito had loosened his grip on her hair and was rendered speechless at her words. "A small tip. Being kind and nice to people doesn't cost a person anything, and it almost always attracts the right kind of attention. Your a smart guy, take it as food for thought." She gathers the finale pieces of her broken equipment, leaving the stunned male to stay in a paralysed state.

The astounded student contemplated over the girl's words. What she had said seemed to give him answers to questions he hadn't even considered before, she looked deeper into him and spotted a part of himself that he had his behind a thick curtain of pride. He looked back at the girl he once thought as clueless and dense, and traced his eyes over her form, coming to the realisation that she herself was an enigma.

He was finally snapped out of his quarter-life crisis by the bell. (Y/n) threw away all the pieces she had gathered of what used to be her calculator and got ready to leave when her hand was gingerly tugged back. She looked at the male with a blanc expression and noticed him handing out something in her direction. It was a light blue, scientific calculator that seemed brand new. She stared up at the embarrassed boy, requesting an answer. "Take mine, the subject doesn't interest me anyway." (Y/n) tilted her head at the request, wondering if this was some sort of trap. She eventually accepts the item and calms her nerves down.

"I don't really need it, I rarely use these things, so you don't have to give it to me." She hands it back to the boy, only to have him push her hand back in refusal to her rejection.

"I know I don't have to." The male quoted back her own words, which enforced a small smile to appear on her face. The teal eyes softened and he discovered that he quite liked the look of joy on the girl. It gave her a certain glow that never appeared whenever he acted upon her with his harsher side.

"Alright, I accept. See you later." She waved bye to him and walked away, towards her next lesson.

"Yeah." He grinned to himself after her exit. "Hopefully." He mutedly added under his breath. Kaito walked off to his next class as well, on the way meeting up with his blond friend.

"Hey man....you didn't kill her did you?" He asked with a half serious face which merely made the lateritious boy inwardly roll his eyes.

"For your information, your feeble attempt to aid me in gaining an acquittances, had been rendered useless." He looked towards his friend who wore a guilty expression.

"I don't know what your talking about." Ryo stated in an offended tone but his act was given away by the mischievous smile and glint in his eyes.

"I don't know how gullible you take me for but it's quite clear what-" for the second time today, Kaito found himself getting shoved from his side and tripping up the person, scattering their school tools everywhere. As the irritated boy looked down at the grounded pupil to conclude it was the same junior student from before. When the young boy looked up at the familiar senior, his heart lurched into his throat, trying to excuse himself. With ought a warning but just a small growl, Kaito kneeled down to his level and started to assemble the boy's things.

The younger man watched him apprehensively, wondering where this well mannered behaviour came from. When he made the conclusion that everything was congregated, the brash genius stood up and handed the equipment to the, still puzzled young student. "Be careful where you go, worm. Don't make me pick your stuff up again."

The youthful pupil took back his things with some hesitance, fearing he would get his hand chopped off. After brushing himself off, he nodded his head towards Kaito, "Thank you."

Subsequently to the junior's departure, Kaito turned towards his friend to only find a knowing smirk on the blond's face. "What?" The teal eyed boy began getting aggravated when the cheerful male started chuckling to himself.

"Feeble attempts, huh?" Ryo gave a contempt laugh and started walking off, leaving Kaito to simmer in his anger.

"Shut up."