Chapter 33: Rival

As (Y/n) entered her geography class, she was greeted with an impatient and angry looking Hiroko. He had his arms crossed and a stern glint in his eyes, as his partner came over to sit beside him. "We. Need. To. Talk." (Y/n) inwardly cringed at the overly harsh tone the boy spoke with. "You might be alright with getting played (Y/n), but I won't allow someone to toy with you."

(Y/n) deeply exhaled at the redundancy of the male's protectiveness and disapproval. "What now?"

"Well I'm sorry if this is starting to annoy you, but I'm getting tired of staying awake at night, worrying that some creep is watching you while you sleep." (Y/n) couldn't help but laugh at the claim, despite it being said in a completely serious context. "Stop laughing!" Hiroko's outburst caused the teacher's attention to land on him, giving him the first strike to change his attitude. In a calmer and quieter pitch, he continued to angrily whisper at his partner. "You have some nerve laughing at me after what I've heard had been happening."

"Hiroko, I'm getting really tired of your empty concerns. Please give me a reason to actually feel some sort of care." The boy's eye began twitching at how easily the girl had forgotten of his previous proof.

"Alright, then. I'll tell you why I'm so concerned for your wellbeing. From what I heard, last Friday you ran out of the school crying. And I might just be going out on a limb here, but my intuition tells me it had something to do with those guys." (Y/n) quietly gulped, hoping he never finds out the truth about the occurrence. "And then while I was out in town on Sunday, I saw you and the pricks going into that fancy restaurant." The (h/c) haired girl shrunk back at the invasion of privacy she had gone through, without even noticing. "They seem to have you wrapped around their fingers, what did they have to do to convince you on going?" Hiroko gave the female a smug smile, finally seeming to corner her.

"Y-you can't just go around assuming things dude. My personal life isn't your problem." She hissed at the boy, fed up with the ostracising she was receiving from the male.

"Maybe not, but I think you underestimate how much I actually care for you, kid. You're a good girl, and you don't deserve whatever those b*****ds are sooner or later, going to do." (Y/n) grinned at the gang leader referring to her as a child, disregarding her being 5 months older than him.

"As I said before, I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself..." Despite her words, even (Y/n) couldn't help the aching gut feeling developing within her.

"As much of the excuses you like to give some people, you aren't an idiot. You've probably noticed some things being out of place too, but chose to pass them off." As much as (Y/n) wanted to deny that, she knew he wasn't far from the truth. Despite every little hiccup that would occur, she always pardoned their actions.

"I'll keep that in mind..."

Time Skip

After the last lesson of English, (Y/n) decided to search for the twins and try and save Alex if they were harassing him once again. When she went to their English class, she knew they were bound to be around there but only found other students leaving the room.

After checking up with their teacher and asking around a few of their classmates, she finally had enough information to piece together where they could be located. 'I need to talk to them about this Alex business...something's very off about the whole thing-' The female never got to finish her thought when she heard the sound of a heated argument that sounded a lot like her friends. 'Oh no.'

When (Y/n) located the racket, she found her twin friends in, what seemed to be, an almost physical altercation. "You couldn't just keep your hands to yourself! You always ruin everything!" (Y/n) reluctantly approached the bickering sisters as Saki had a dangerous grip on her sister's blouse, holding back on any other attempt to attack.