Chapter 14: "My Hero"

During a Drama performance, (Y/n) found her mind wondering off to what went down in the music room. 'I'm just overthinking. I mean, that was a kind gesture. Chivalry is so uncommon these days and I'm taking it too seriously.'

"(Y/n)! It's your line!" One of her partners snapped the girl out of her thoughtful state and brought her to the theatre room.

"Sorry...."

Time Skip

(Y/n) stretched herself out to relieve some of her tense muscles. 'God what a week....wish I could visit the girls, but with their sickness there isn't much chance of me surviving it either.....wait, what am I saying? I should totally visit them, then!' She decided that she would drop by a corner store to pick up some chicken soup or noodles for the twins and then go to their house.

On the way, the cold began to nip and slowly overtake the girl's body, making (Y/n) regret, once again the choice of leaving her jacket at home. She endeavoured to warm her hands in her breath and rethought her decision in sidetracking her journey to home. But before she could fully make up her mind, (Y/n) stopped in her track to look up at a somewhat familiar face. It was a boy, though not a boy she knew very well, but she had seen him once. The student was right in front of her, blocking her way and staring with her with slight anger. The girl attempted to recall who the familiar male was and then it hit her like a car crash. He was the newbie in the Osamu gang, the same boy that was urging Hiruko to get into confrontation with the six new students. (Y/n) simply frowned at him and decided her best bet would be to merely ignore him and walk past. But when she came to close proximity of the gang member, he stepped in front of her path. After his hampering every time she attempted to pass him, (Y/n) finally stopped and looked up at him, annoyed.

"Oi b***h, you should learn when to keep out of other people's business." He gave her a mocking grin and got too close for her comfort.

"Your one to talk. I bet you were the one who told Hiruko about them and probably fabricated something to set him off." It was clear to the girl that the new gang member was looking to see a fight. The male didn't seem very pleased over the girl's comment and proceed to close the already small gap between them.

"Be careful what you say, you don't know what I'm capable of." He cornered the defenceless female to a wall and gave her very little chance of escape. Despite this, (Y/n) wasn't going to let the wannabe get the best of her.

"Then I'll have to say, you be careful. Me and your boss have known each other for, most likely longer than you. I don't think he'll be too thrilled to find that you were threatening me." The girl put a ridiculing smile on and relished in the enraged features the male was showing. But he then mirrored (Y/n)'s expression and took another step nearer. The girl menacingly glared at the boy, trying to somehow intimidate him and hope he backs off.

"Then I guess I'll have to make you keep quiet."

"And how exactly do you plan to do that?" The gang member froze on the spot at the venomous tone the new addition, held. The whole atmosphere seemed to drop a few degrees and a thousand needles began stabbing at the threatened boy's instinct. The guy turned around to look at who was killing all confidence, he once held, like magic. It was the stone faced, animal lover who -despite having little emotion a majority of the time- now was bearing a dark and minatory expression, carefully watching the gang member's, slowly emasculating form.

Alex took a step to confront the other male from up close. But as he proceeded, the opposing student shrunk back, catching onto the murderous and baleful air the magenta student was giving off.

"N-N-nothing-I'll do nothing...." As the Osamu member gulped loudly, his legs started shaking as if the intimidating boy in front of him was rendering him enabled and vulnerable.

"Leave." It was a simple command with minimal emotion, but it was taken like a life or death order and the fearful boy left the scene.

(Y/n) exhaled with relief and was not given the chance to fully relax before something else happening that tensed her muscles. In speed no person should be allowed to wield, (Y/n) felt two strong hands crush her body against a larger form. Her hero rested his face in her hair, and began patting the girl's head in such a way one would do when comforting a frightened animal. The chilling atmosphere that was once enhanced by his presence, now began to melt away and warm up now that he knew she was safe in his arms.

(Y/n) stood in this position for a while, during her resolution of the situation and what happened subsequently to this moment. The girl attempted to pull away from his grasp but only seemed to get pushed deeper into his body with an iron grip. "Are you alright?" The student showed a large quantity of concern for the girl's well-being, in his voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine man. Good thing you came when you did, my wit could only win me so much time," The female tried once again to pull herself at a distance from the remote boy's embrace. "Um, you can let go now." With visible hesitance, he unwrapped his arms from the (h/c) haired girl. Despite the disapproval of her saviour, she stood a few feet away from him and managed to finally take a proper breath to collect herself. "Anyway, thank you. I guess we're even now."

(Y/n) started walking off but quickly noticed the facia haired boy tailing after by her side. ".....Can I help you with anything?" The taller student kept staring forward and showed little regard to her question.

"I'm not letting you go home alone." Was his reasoning and kept closer to the walking girl.

"You don't have to, I'm going to visit my sick friends anyway so...." She trailed off but Alex didn't seem phased by the new information.

"Then I'll walk you to their house." The stone-faced student rewinded her words in his head and a thought occurred to him. "Who are these friends?"

"Lala and Saki." The names didn't seem to ring any bells with him and the girl sighed at the explanation she would have the give to jog his memory, "The fangirls that kept 'bothering' you."

The boy stopped in his tracks, now in a battle of contemplation between going and risk getting harassed again, or leaving and risk (Y/n)'s health and safety. After a moment of silent thinking, he made up his mind and joined the girl on her visit. (Y/n) snickered at his determination and decided to throw him a bone.

"If it's of any comfort, my house is just a little bit before theirs so you can walk me up to there." The boy perked up to the news and strode quietly beside her.

After detouring to the shop, (Y/n) and her 'bodyguard' stood in front of her house. The girl noticed he seemed lugubrious to the prospect of parting with her so she thought of a way to cheer him up. "Hey, want to see the puppy?" Alex recuperated and expectantly looked at the girl.

She began clicking her tongue and making smooching sounds to attract the little animal's attention. Soon enough, a small, black blur was speeding its way towards her. It came to a quick halt as it approached the two teens and started wagging it's tail and happily bouncing with excitement at the sight of them. "It took a lot of trouble to hide Fenrir but I eventually snuck him through the night." (Y/n) kneeled down to pet the happy pup while the boy behind her was watching intriguingly.

"Fenrir?" The new student went over and began playing with the animal, while his lips contorted into a subtle smile.

"Yeah, I decided to get attached to him." The girl decided that it was time to leave while he was contempt with the distraction of the k9. "Thanks for today, see you at school. Bye."

The boy stood in front of her house, a while after she left. He kept watching the little animal noticing it appeared much healthier and had consumed some sort of nourishment, "She treats you right, doesn't she? She looks after you...I'll do the same for her...none will touch her."