Chapter 13: Sweet Muse

(Y/n) arrived at her music class, getting ready to sit in the corner, avoiding eye contact with the teacher and making little to no contribution for the lesson. But upon entering, found a certain, dark male standing in front of the rest of the students, clearly being forced to introduce himself by Mr Shima. When Ren noticed her presence, he was ready to casually walk up to the girl and greet her, had he not reminded himself in what position he was. "Come on Mr Kakyoku, I'm sure everyone wants to know a bit about their new class mate." The tutor spoke out with a calming fluency and melodic tonality. (Y/n) walked up to her seat and sat down, snickering at the awkward position the male was forced into.

"I'm Ren and I'm a pianist. My favourite subject is music and I enjoy playing for others, especially my Muse." A few of the girls began giggling and whispering amounts each other, attempting to decipher what the hidden meaning behind the last line was. Even (Y/n) seemed lost at the supposed, symbolism in the introduction.

The teacher chuckled and patted the student on the back, "I think I just found my new favourite student." He joked and told the boy to take a seat wherever he wanted. In an obvious act, he sat next to the (e/c) eyed girl with a greeting grin.

As the lesson officially began, the teacher assigned each group a task of either: research, writing or performing. Considering that (Y/n) had the minimal experience on a violin and had been approximately 5 years since she last played even one note, performing was out of the question. Which left her with choosing between research work and writing. But unlike her past undertaking, she wasn't going to work alone on her exercise. As Ren sat next to her with an expectant look. The (h/c) haired girl wasn't sure what to say to him, she enjoyed working alone when it came to this subject, and she could practically feel the knife-like glares most of the female population in the room, sending her way. But her conscience prevented her from declining his offer for partnership and kept quiet. 'At least we have the choice of doing separate projects.' (Y/n) decided to stay on the positive and regarded the talented male.

"So, Muse?" (Y/n) inquired but the boy looked away with an embarrassed grin. "What was that about?"

"You should know what a Muse is, or who they are." Ren gazed at her, hopeful she would catch on to the hints he was dropping.

"From what I can remember they were 9 goddesses of the inspiration of literature, science and the arts. But that's about it." The boy's dark eyes kept staring at her, trying to give some sort of psychic clue or subliminal message, but she held a face of wonder despite his best attempts.

"Nevermind." Breathing out, Ren detached himself from the girl and walked over to sit down on the electric keyboard. A few of the females in the room were considering going over to him and conversing. But before any of the ladies could get a chance, the boy started interacting with the other males in the class, which subsequently lead him to make a few acquittances, but he quickly became tired of their presence and glanced back at the girl that never seemed to bore him.

(Y/n) was doing research on Bob Marley and his influence on the genre of reggae, when she heard someone calling her name. She turned around to face Ren who was ushering her to join him on the keyboard. After looking around herself to make sure he wasn't asking someone else, the (h/c) haired girl got up to approach the boy and ask him what he requested.

"Nothing, I simply enjoy your company more. If your not too busy, I would like it if you could sit down, here." Ren patted the chair next to him and produced a welcoming smile. (Y/n) considered his offer so she gave him an answer by sitting down beside the boy.

"Why do you need me? I seem more of a distraction than anything else." Ren looked at her with an offended expression, as if she had just said the most idiotic thing mankind had never dared speak.

"How could you say that? You're an absolute joy to be around! You don't bother me at all. In fact, I wanted you to come over here because there's something about you that brings out my inner musician. It's so easy for the inspiration to come to me when your here to listen to it." The boy's dark orbs stared deeply into the girl's, sucking her attention in like a pair of black holes.

"Thanks!" (Y/n) beamed at him, showing she wasn't catching on to the hidden meaning. The boy merely sighed and composed himself to concentrate on his next pice. As a surge of ingenuity took over his form, it coursed inside his body, passt this arms and flooded through his nimble fingers to produce a flowing tune of notes, seeming to separate (Y/n) and the composer out of the classroom, out of the building, and world. Creating a place of its own where Ren could enjoy the graceful melody, the adrenalin and serenity mixing into one, and the girl, who completed the scene was finally by his side, bringing the world to a stop.

However, just as quickly as the state of bliss appeared, it was interrupted by an outside presence. "Wow, your amazing Ren!" (Y/n) looked up to see a relatively close friend of hers: Nami. She was one of the people who had the rarity of being born with unusually coloured hair and eyes, which gave her an exotic and cute look with her dark, lavender hair and flint eyes. Her words were covered in a gentle and nice tone, and her comment sounded genuine. But unlike (Y/n), Ren didn't seem to see it that way.

The boy gave her a side look, filled with irritation and loathing, in contrast to his earlier composure. Nami quickly picked up on the vibes that radiated like poison around the musician, and turned her attention to (Y/n). "Hey, how's everything going?"

"Just fine, though I'm not sure I'll be getting any good grades in this compared to my competition." The violet haired girl exhaled in amusement, but could sense the death glare the boy from behind was sending her way, despite her avoiding speaking to the male. In fact, he looked more aggravated that Nami was taking up (Y/n)'s attention than anything else. After half a minute of this, the silver eyed girl gave in on the conversation due to the hypothetical mental torture she was receiving from the fuming student, and decided it was best for her to take her leave while she still had her head. A bit taken a back from the sudden retreat of her friend, (Y/n) looked towards Ren who now had a gratified and relieved face to contrary his earlier demeanour. She became tentative of what had occurred right under her nose, but passed over her head when the boy began talking to her.

"Come to my house one day, I would love to perform for you a bit more." (Y/n) felt a bit of discomfort at the sudden and rushed offer. She had only known him for almost two days, so the request came off as hastened. But he mentioned 'one day' which meant the prospect of this happening was in the further future.

"I would love to." Her words seemed to lift him from the ground. He gently took the girl's hand and lifted it so his lips and placed a gentle kiss on top. He managed to get a proper feeling of her smooth, soft skin through his senses, which placed a small smile to his mouth.

"I can't wait until then." While (Y/n) was giving her hardest attempt to comprehend what the action was brought upon. To the boys displeasure, she pulled her wrist back and looked at it as if someone gave her a manicure she never asked for and her body jittered at the racket of the bell to signal the end of the class.

"W-well, uuuuhhh, I'll go and.....do something." She stood up, still dazed at the scenario that occurred. Ren watched the flustered girl, entertained at her reaction. 'Calm down! I mean, he's a really kind guy and comes off as a gentleman so I guess this behaviour isn't out of place.' After the girl eased her nerves, she turned to the boy, pretending nothing improper had happened. "Bye Ren, thanks for the performance, it really was wonderful." (Y/n) made her departure to theatrical lessons.

The coal haired boy chuckled to himself, re imagining the sense of her skin against his. He brushed the tips of his fingers to his lips, still feeling the physical sensation. "Bye bye, my Muse~"