Chapter 38: Truth

(Y/n)'s eyes trailed up the arm of the weapon holder to look into the dark, infuriated eyes of the constituted musician. "R-Ren, what are you doing?!" Alex looked back and seemed unfazed by the sight of the armed male.

"(Y/n), step aside. I'm not aiming for you." His expression changed into his trademark kind one as he looked at the female but switched back as his concentration drifted back to the other boy. "You've got some nerve trying to undermine us like that Alex. But I'm sorry, I've been patient with this whole plan and restricted myself way too much to just let you have her." He pointed the weapon at the male who simply gave him a straight-faced reaction.

"P-plan...? What plan? Has this all been because of you...?" The boys didn't reply to the question, leaving the silence to explain the situation. (Y/n) could barely comprehend the situation, and continued to dart her attention from either boy as the two stared each other down.

"(Y/n), move aside." The female noticed the dark raven pointing the weapon towards Alex, in deep contemplation whether to put pressure on the trigger.

"W-what are you doing?! Where did you get that?!" (Y/n) quickly stood in front of the endangered boy, causing Ren to glare. "Stop! What's wrong with you?!"

"(Y/n), move. I don't want to hurt you." The female reluctantly shook her head but was pulled aside by the person behind her. Alex kept a hold of her from a distance, making sure she was nowhere in range of the gun.

"Alex, let me go! Ren, just calm down. Think about what you're doing." (Y/n) tried to break out of the boy's hold but he stubbornly held her to the side by her arm.

"I've had enough...I try to get close to you and in the end someone else gets you. You reject me and I try to be patient with you. You run to someone else and I try to be patient with you. You finally start to yield to us and then Alex tries to take you." The male carefully watched the animal lover, analysing any sudden movements he might make.

"What's gotten into all of you?! Ren, stop it, please!" The dark haired boy seemed to be stirred by the her words and contemplated over lowering the weapon. As his gaze fluctuated between the girl and the boy, his finger was held still at the trigger.

What finally put the nail in the coffin over his decision was when a hand reached out from behind him and gently pushed his hold down. "That's enough man, you remember what we agreed to." Ryo appeared onto the scene and scanned the room to see Alex, who visibly relaxed when the danger had passed and the panicked appearance of the girl.

"R-Ryo...?" (Y/n)'s brain couldn't comprehend the new and unexpected information and as she noticed the boys were all distracted, she took the chance to dash out of the room.

Ryo sighed at the trouble this could cause and the failure of their schemes. "Well, that's that with the plan..."

(Y/n)'s lungs could barely keep up with her running speed as she neared the stairs to the ground floor. Just as she set foot on the first stair, a figure appeared to obstruct her way. "(Y/n)? What's wrong? There was a lot of noise coming from upstairs." Kaito took note of the female's distressed state and started to put together what might have happened.

"K-Kaiot...the guys have gone insane. A-Alex is acting crazy, Ren just tried to kill someone and Ryo is too accepting of...K-Kaito?" The boy took a moment to think over what to do or how he should explain the situation. So he suspired heavily and ran a hand through his hair, damning the position he was put in. "Kaito...?"

"You shouldn't have seen this." (Y/n) looked at him in confusion and slowly caught on to the genuine meaning behind his words, all last traces of doubt and hope were diminished as he sympathetically glared at her. The female darted downward towards the ground floor, ready to escape the intoxicating building, when another obstacle came into view.