Chapter 20: Falling Facade

A/n: this is more of a filler chapter, but the next one will be a bit more interesting.

(Y/n) wasn't sure if she should be surprised or even react when Bako had come up to her in the morning to greet the girl, had it become a sort of ritual. "You seem tired. Did you not get enough sleep?" He began inspecting the hazy coating in the girl's eyes and her messy hair, in a concerned demeanour.

(Y/n) yawned and gave her friend a passing-off grin, "Don't worry, I just had to wake up earlier than usual because of Ryo." Bako furrowed his brow, taken by surprise at what his friend had to do with the female's morning schedule.

"What did he make you do?" Bako's nerves began rising at the thought of the blond boy bothering (Y/n).

"It was nothing really, he just wanted to 'walk-and-talk' with me in the morning." She begrudgingly expectorated the reasoning and mentally snaked herself for agreeing to the cheery male's conditions.

"Why would you agree to that? Ryo will only continue asking for more if you keep indulging him." The cerulean boy began getting aggravated with the image of Ryo enjoying himself with his science partner.

(Y/n) simply shrugged her shoulders at the boy's comment, "It's alright, I don't mind hanging out with him-"

"But I do." Bako's tenor of speech reverted to one of demand and disapproval, making sure to put his message across. "I don't think you should hang around Ryo anymore." His statement was blunt and showed no hint of sarcasm or mockery.

The (h/c) haired student was slightly jolted by the unexpected shift in mood the boy took on towards his friend. "Why? He's arbitrary but really fun to be around when you look past how spontaneous he can be." (Y/n) progressively quietened her volume when the boy began glaring at her with his dismal, blue orbs.

"Just stick by me, alright? I don't like you getting too close to him, he'll only bother you." Bako scowled at his classmate in a conduct similar to a person scolding a child for doing something wrong and gave off a vibe of warning. But even he knew his reason was non-existent and easily contradicting.

(Y/n) felt guilty at first, it came on as instinctual yet had no real motive to be ashamed. However, it was short-lived when the girl's nerves began bending to the point of snapping. She felt offended for the boy treating her like a kid that can't handle herself and then telling what to do and with who to be, "It's my choice whether I want to be with him or not. You're not my guardian." She didn't falter with her words and irked at the male's petulance regarding his friend. The bell then rang out to signal the students to retrieve back to their own seats before official lessons begin. However, Bako seemed to refuse on budging out of his seat and continued giving the girl a dry look. "It's best if you go to your seat before you get in trouble." (Y/n) coldly told the boy.

Bako kept on watching her with a blank expression, and after a while, got up and went to his own desk. Though, she understood this would come and bite her when she has to sit next to him during science. But that was still hours away so she wasn't going to worry about that for the time being. It was almost the weekend so nothing was going to ruin her day.

English went on as normal, only to make (Y/n) feel some regret over her harsh words. 'I mean, what I said wasn't that mean spirited. Besides, he's just overreacting. If it's not Hiroko telling me to stay away from them it's going to be them themselves.' She exhaled to relax the muscles in her brain and concentrate on her work.

Her second lesson was Geography; which lead to Hiroko giving her another round of scolding and warning, only to settle down when he noticed his partner not being in the mood for his concerns. Despite his best attempts to inquire her on what was troubling her, she didn't seem interested in talking about the event that went down that morning in her class. All she wanted to do was forget about it and admit that she overreacted and leave it at that.