Chapter 61: Realisations

Through the whole journey between the intellectual and his captive, there was minimal exchange of words or even glances. As (Y/n) kept a direct and purposeful pace at a far proximity from the male, she could still sense the boy's yearning eyes at her back. 'What was that about...how can he just say something like that, especially after what has happened so far...I know he wants an answer but did he really expect me to accept his feelings just like that...?' As they neared the compound that would soon act as the girl's prison once again, the female stepped away from her escort for him to unlock the gate.

"After you." (Y/n) reluctantly forced her feet to move towards the barrier and past the male. As she walked closer to him, the air around grew thicker as she could feel his unnaturally cold atmosphere blanketing her stiff form. Repressing a shudder, she shuffled towards the second door to the house, and as she neared it, the wooden frame swung open as a figure stumbled out, only halting to realised the other person before him.

"My angel!" Ryo threw himself towards the girl, nearly forcing her to trip over at the impact. "I thought you left me again! Don't do that to me (Y/n)!" The male gave out exaggerated sobs as the female could only stare at him in her dazed state. After taking a moment to access the situation, the blond noticed his friend glaring at the pair, earning a scowl back from the energetic boy. "Why didn't you tell us you were takin her out?!" Kaito simply shrugged off the question, as though it were a mundane thing.

"You didn't tell them we were going outside?" (Y/n) directed her confused gaze to the boy with all the answers, only for him to give none in return.

"Who else is awake right now?" He proceeded to enter the home and avert the subject. Ryo kept his suspicious gaze fixated on him while still holding onto the girl in his arms.

"It's just me and Ren right now...You're lucky, we were ready to wake up everyone after we found out she disappeared." Ryo led the distracted girl back into the house after sending more glares towards his friend. (Y/n) felt her heart sink at the sound of the lock turning and trapping her back in the building. "My angel...I got so, so worried, I was about to go out and look for you." As the boy prepared to swathe the female in his arms, the girl was quickly ripped out of his embrace before he could fully savour the moment. "H-hey!"

"(Y/n), go to your room. I'll come and speak to you in a moment." Kaito let go of her, giving the female great relief at the absence of physical contact. (Y/n) quickly parted from the group, leaving the two boys to interact face-to-face.

"I really don't appreciate that you didn't tell anyone about this." Ryo proceeded to hand the intellectual a spiteful glare, filled with all his frustration.

"You were all asleep. I didn't want to wake you up just so I can inform you of this." However the blond's attitude seemed to have little change in it from the given excuse.

"That doesn't matter. You can't just take her wherever you want like that. Especially without us knowing." He sternly focused on his friend, with a serious glare that was uncommon for the cheerful male.

"Where's Ren?" Kaito stealthily changed the subject as he looked around himself to spot the musician.

"He's in the kitchen going crazy." Ryo handed the opposing boy an accusing scowl as he heard a dish being brutally shattered from the direction of the dining area. "Not another one..."

"Go calm him down before he destroys everything." After his command, Kaito proceeded to walk away from the boy, laving him with the duty of taming the pianist.

"Hey! I'm not finished with you!" Ryo prepared to approach the departing male, only to stop himself when the boy shot him a disapproving look.

"Ryo, can you please help Ren prepare breakfast with the plates and cutlery that are still intact?" The blond gave an irritated growl at his unavailing attempts at conflict with his friend, and did as he was told.