Chapter 65: More Inquiries

(Y/n) swivelled around, using her hands to cover her naked neck and fearfully glared at Kaito. "G-give that back!" Kaito carefully analysed the female in front with a deducting look before tossing the clothing behind him.

The girl quickly ran past the male for the scarf and fell to her knees as she brought the apparel to her body, holding tightly onto it so as to stop any other hands from taking it away again. She breathed out a sigh of relief before hearing a click behind her, shooting her guard up from the simple sound. The female looked back to see Kaito's fingers on the lock of the door, with a scrutinising stare sent at her direction.

"W-what are you doing?! I'm leaving! Unlock the door, now!" However, the boy blankly watched the female, and denied her request as he approached her. (Y/n) quickly stood up to run towards the door and escape the upcoming conflict, but hadn't managed to even reach the lock before she was harshly pulled back, forcing her to stumble in the chair. The furniture rocked back forth, panicking the girl from the expectation that she would fall back in her seat, but was steadied by the boy.

Kaito gripped the arms of the chair as he put his face close to her own to examine her features. During the first few moments of the boy's analysts, he kept a neutral expression towards her, until his features twisted in a furious scowl as his eyes burnt through each circular pattern around her neck.

"Kaito I want to leave! Please let-" Before she could finish her plead the boy punched the spine of the chair, making the girl slightly jump at the unexpected action that was performed mere inches away from her.

"You listen to me...what you will do right now is tell me who did this to you, because I'm not going to waste my time deducting and scrutinising over each one of them. This time, I won't let you off the hook until you give me an honest answer. Now tell me." He spoke his words out between clenched teeth and gave the girl an exasperated glare with his piercing cold eyes.

(Y/n) swallowed the lump in her throat and began to slightly shake as decisions swirled in her mind until one finally broke off. "It...it was Ryo." The girl received no reaction from the male for the longest time, and almost seemed as though time had completely stopped moving as Kaito stared at her with an unblinking gaze. "K-Kaito-?"

The female tensed up as the boy bolted past her. As she stood still, facing the front she heard loud clatters as objects were shattered and knocked over in the boy's blind moment of anger. She swivelled back to see the male's desk turned over as each item shattered on the floor was either intact or in pieces. The male shook to the brim with rage, the blood rushing through each muscle like a torrent. "Ryo...! Ryo...! Ryo!" The male took a moment to inhale and exhale his nerves out and forced his temper down as he looked over at the shocked girl, and strode back to the female to grab her by the shoulders. "When did this happen?"

"Last night." (Y/n) slightly winced as the pressure on her joints intensified from the male's growing hatred. The boy seemed on the brink of shouting before something caught him as his mind slipped over the edge. And as that thought blossomed in his subconscious into a more prosperous idea, the boy's nature began to soothe over and the atmosphere seemed to lift by the triggered change in tone. "Eh?"

To the girl's further bewilderment, the boy began gently smiling as he gazed down at her with a tender look. She was beyond speechless when the male stroked her cheek in a placid manner, as though comforting a frightened animal. "It's alright (Y/n). I'll make sure he doesn't come near you. I'll keep you safe from him. I'll keep you safe from everyone that tries to hurt you." He placed the stunned female's head to rest against his chest as he patted her head with a compassionate touch. "Thank you. Thank you for telling me...thank you for trusting me."

"U-uhm...?" (Y/n) was rendered silent as no words could describe what her mind was wondering, as every question began accumulating in her thoughts into an incomprehensible mess. 'What just happened?' The female was left undisturbed to get her inner inquiries into consecutive orders, as the male seemed more than contempt on holding the astounded girl close to him where he could feel her warmth and sense the beating of her heart. "Uhm...wait, I still don't understand how you found out that I was hiding something." Kaito exhaled his disappointment before releasing the girl and giving her casual shrug.