Chapter 58: Past Scars

October, 8th Thursday

(Y/n) stared at the ceiling of her assigned bedroom in cautious contemplation as many thoughts maimed her cramped mind with an overflowing sense of condemnation over her hindering spirit. '...Seems like I've been becoming more and more soft on these psychos with each day...I really need to stop having sympathy for this bunch...' She inwardly scolded herself before she was altered by a loud clatter that emerged from the neighbouring room, and a loud curse that followed it.

(Y/n) reluctantly left her surroundings to check up on the origin of the sound, and knocked on the door it emerged from, awaiting for an answer. After a few moments of loud rustling and rummaging serving as her only response, the door was answered by the cobalt-eyed male. "Oh sorry, (Y/n). I hope I didn't disturb you." The boy awkwardly scratched the back of his neck as he gave the bewildered girl an apologetic grin.

"What happened?" (Y/n) attempted to look towards the source of the noise located inside the boy's chambers.

"I was just sorting some things out and knocked a few boxes down-" The male jolted his head towards another round of assorted falls and clatter resonating from behind him. "S**t!" He left the female at his doorway to inspect on any damage that might have been cause to his belongings. (Y/n) stood away from the scene before convincing herself to permit an enter.

As she walked into the area, she noticed the scattered items that lay on the floor in a mixture of equipment and sheets. "Do you need help?" She scanners through the boy's littered belongings and noticed him having trouble balancing three boxes in his hands.

"N-no, I'll be-" (Y/n) impatiently took one of the parcels in hand, nullifying the boy's job and set it down on the ground. "...maybe for a few minutes." He innocently grinned, lacing his voice with a whininess that made the girl roll her eyes. "Just put this box in the closet near the back." The girl nodded and took on the duty of assisting with the package.

As the female entered the spacious closet, she scanned through the few items of clothing and the mass assortment of more boxes that were cluttered inside like untouched towers of Jenga. 'Does he really need this much art stuff...?' Her attention was drawn to the very back of the short distanced walk, and ended her small journey to the border and placed the objects in her arms down near the rest of the parcels. She prepared to leave before noticing a white box that seemed to contain a different category of items inside. Upon closer inspection, she discovered the contents to be pictures of what seemed to mostly be of an older man, a young girl, and a few of a young woman. 'What are these...?' (Y/n) reflexively took a few pictures to speculate over them and flipped to their backsides to acquire more clues on their origin. As she made her progress through each one, she found a picture of the older man that contained writing on the back that indicated only the words 'Father' on the white side. 'So this is Bako's father I guess...he seemed so serious and important...' The female then switched her gaze to the only three photos she had discovered of a young woman. 'These say 'Mother'...so this is Bako's mum?' She gazed at the young and beautiful woman that greeted the camera with a fearless glow and strong eyes.

(Y/n) felt herself sensing the woman's presence in her fixated stare as she exchanged looks with the female on the paper. After setting the photo down, the girl aimed her sights to the third person that was locked away in the package. She took a picture depicting a young looking girl that seemed to be around the age of the female that currently held her image in her hands. The teenager in the print maintained a bright shade of cerulean locks that barely seemed to reach past her chin, and a pair of mesmerising and blithe sapphire eyes that stared at the camera with a beaconing and daring ambiance and confidence that seemed to emit from her entire figure. She held a cocktail drink in her hand while coquettishly resting her head in the palm of her other.