Chapter 17: A New Side

(Y/n) was a bit surprised to see an empty seat next to her own in her History class. She tried to think back to her last encounter with Jin and he seemed fine at the time but the vacant space seemed to contradict that.

During the lesson, her mind wondered to what might be the reason for his absence but just the regular stuff seemed to come to mind. She sighed, deciding it was no use in beating a dead horse, so she spent the rest of the lesson with her mind wondering only a few times. So when class had ended, she decided to continue on with her schedule. Furthermore to her break time, she spent it with a few past friends she hadn't had the proper time to converse with in a while. And with the twins gone, (Y/n) didn't feel like she was cheating on their friendship in any way.

"Actually, (Y/n) I think you're the one that has a few things to speak about~" Nami winked one of her silver eyes at her friend and bumped the clueless girl's shoulder.

"What?"

"OH COME ON! We know you've been hanging around with the new students, best to share the slightest bit of gossip with some old friends." A brown haired girl with pigtails and vibrant golden eyes piped up before Nami could speak a word. Despite Summer being the eldest one of the three girls, her mindset was half her age so she would always react in over the top ways to especially intriguing news. "So (Y/n)! Why not tell us what the fresh, good-looking meat is like?"

"Did you give her her medicine this morning?" (Y/n) amusingly question Nami about their brunet friend.

"Don't avoid the question with jokes, we seriously want to know what's going on." The violet girl politely reverted back to the subject matter, leaving the (e/c) eyed student to look up in thought.

"Well, what else is there to say. Their human-"

"There must be more than that! Come on, what can you tell me about the blond one!" Summer stared dreamily into the distance, presumably thinking about the boy she had questioned about.

"Well, I know he's 16 from what I can remember. He's name is Ryo....he is practically best friends with all the boys -even that arrogant jerk- and is pretty much always with a smile on his face." She begrudgingly spoke her previous partner's presence and after finishing, thought harder about anything she might have missed out.

The bubbly girl's dandelion eyes shone at the new information and squealed her trademark yelp, making half the students walking by them jump and stare at the hyped up senior. "That's so my type! This could end up being something greater than I had ever imagined! Anything else you could tell me?!" She stared at her friend, eyes wide with hopefulness.

"Well....." (Y/n) thought harder at what she else could say and was reminded of a few things. "I'm more than sure he loves Drama and the Theatre. And from what I can tell, he enjoys classic and modern literature. And.....he likes platapie." Nami cocked her eyebrow at the last line but the bouncy girl was pleased with what she had learned.

"Say no more (Y/n)! I can finally live happy!" An array of imaginary stars swirled around the dazed girl's head and memorised everything she was told. "Daaw! But I might be too late anyway, seeing how you've taken him first." She slouched and melted in her own despair.

"What do you mean?" (Y/n) thought about the malarky Summer was saying but couldn't catch on to the meaning.

"Not only this Ryo boy, but the others too." Nami giggled with a slight blush decorating her gentle features.

"What are you talking about? I don't get it." The befuddled girl looked at each of her friends in turn but saw nothing that would give a hint as to what the meaning behind their words was.

"Don't tell me you haven't noticed it, dear. The new students seemed to be growing quite the fondness towards you."

"AND THEY SEEM TO BE STARTING TO LIKE YOU!" The bubbly female paraphrased the previous girl's statement.