Chapter 73: Consequences

(Y/n) blankly stared at the wall with an empty expression, as she unintentionally listened to the bickering and auditory shouts of disapproval coming from beyond her unhinged door.

"You're not staying with her!" Alex shouted at the azure male, standing firmly in front of the door to block off any entrance to accompany the female inside.

"I can't leave her alone when I know she'll try and do something." Bako sternly glared at his opposer while the rest of the group argued amongst themselves over entering the bedroom.

As untrusting comments and dubious perceptions flew around the group, it seemed like none of them were willing to allow the others to guard the girl. And as the arguing shouts and snark remarks escalated to near physical altercations, the girl sighed with a heavy grievance as she examined her curbing restraints with a hopeless gaze. 'Seems like my life keeps plunging further down...' She gave a last tug against the steel cuffs only for her body to slump over as they kept a firm hold on her.

"Will you all settle down! This is getting us nowhere. It's clear that there should be some guidelines." Kaito scoldingly referred to the arguing boys, only to be sent annoyed glares full of spite.

"Shut up. I don't give a f**k about any 'guidelines' you give. You did something to (Y/n). She was so willing to allow you to look after her and then I come back home to see this." Bako approached the accused intellectual and as his towering form stood before the male, Kaito seemed unfazed by the intimidating act, though remained wary enough to allow the boy to speak first, "What the hell did you do while we were gone? What the hell did you do to her?" Kaito noticed all the barking arguments had settled for that one moment of witnessing his explanation. The boy thought over his choices of wording as Bako impatiently waited for his response, flexing and contracting his firm muscles to ease the tension building up in each tendon.

"Are you insinuating that she tried to end herself completely because of me?" The artist glowered at the boy's obscure reply and prepared to speak out his disdain before the intellectual beat him to the speech. "And by that, I mean it quite literally. I'm not denying that I'm also guilty of giving her a push to her breakdown, but placing the full blame on me is idiotic, Bako." The azure male eyed the boy that stood confidently in front of him, and showed his distaste towards his analogy. "You honestly aren't in the position of pointing the fingers when you're no saint yourself." Bako glared at the boy as his accusations took a moment to rest, and backed away with seething annoyance.

The males glanced around one another, and as the atmosphere seemed to simmer down Jin took a moment to look around, able to spot the absence of a certain individual. "Where's Alex?" The group assessed the comment as they glanced around to notice the animal lover had disappeared, having a fairly educated guess as to where he could be.

"Just leave me alone..." The girl pressed her palms against her ears, refusing to acknowledge the male that was standing beside her, and wilfully avoided any eye contact with the boy while angry word exchanges were emoting from beyond the room. Alex attempted to reason with the shaken female, only for his passage of words to stop at her blocked ears.

"(Y/n), please...I don't want to see you so broken up..." He reached out to gingerly take one of her hands as an attempt to gently remove it so his speech would finally reach her, only for the girl to back and turn away as far as her restraints would allow. The boy sorrowfully gazed at the isolated girl as she mentally distanced herself from her surroundings. He began sensing a punctured dent within him as he watched the girl, seeming to be further detaching away from his presence.

The girl jolted with a jump as she felt the boy's head leaning against the back of her own, not daring to respond and acknowledge the action, hoping her ignorance would force him to leave her be. Alex took in the warmth of her scalp and felt his heavy heart lifting the weights of his guilt and shame, to allow a moment of serenity at the instant of her pleasant company. (Y/n) sucked in her breath and stiffened into a state of paralysis as he tenderly took her freed wrist to guide her arm to reach back and place it atop his head. Alex had yearned to feel the girl's delicate and affectionate touches and attempted to simulate the sensation of her hand patting him in an approving manner, to satisfy that lost feeling. (Y/n)'s fingers began shaking as she wanted to yank her arm away from the boy, but her courage failed her as fear froze each muscle in her body. The boy satisfied his urge for endearment and pushed her fingers through his hair as she unwillingly allowed him to control her motions like a puppet.