Chapter 16: Educational outing.

(Your p.o.v)

L was going to go back to work when I held his hand firmly. He looked at me with a confused look. "Thank you." "For what?" "For everything. Just... Thanks"

He gave me a warm smile and nodded. I slowly let his hand go and he left. Before he closed the door, he looked at me once more."Good night, Y/n." "Night, L."

(Time skip to tomorow morning, at school.)

I was in english class awaiting for the teacher to arrive. I had succeeded in finding a place at the complete back of the room. The teacher arrived shortly after. We all stood up and greeted him.

"Sit down everybody." We did as told. He settled his things on the table in front of hi and looked at us seriously. "Next week, we are going to have an educational outing for three weeks and I need you guys to pack for that."

Everyone in the class started chatting among themselves except me of course. I was too worried about that gap of three weeks. How was I going to live three weeks without L- I mean without doing any research at all.

All the information we got about Kira stays at the basement. I will not be able to work without any information. Oh god, please let the teacher accept me not going abroad.

The class went back to normal and the bell finally rung. Everyone in the class left. "I will be telling you to which one you are paired tommorow morning." I went to the teacher and politely asked him.

"Excuse me teacher but I do not think I will be able to go abroad." "And why is it so?" I thought for some time. What could be a plausible excuse? I started to stress and sweat-dropped.

"My dog ate my homework. Wait what?" He chuckled to my really stupid excuse. Why did I say that? "Well that is one of the most famous excuse, Miss Hailin but it is not valid in that case."

"If you have no other excuse, you will come with us." he said and left the room still laughing, leaving me alone with my head hanging down.

I slowly packed my back and went to the rooftop as it was now lunch time. I knew L would be there with Imagay, discussing about the kira case and I indeed found them there.

Imagay looked at me and faked a smile, still hoping to be friend with me for some reason. I just ignored him and went to L.

"Ryuzaki, I've got to tell you something." He swallowed the piece of vanilla cake he was eating and told me to go on.

"I'm going on a kind of trip for 3 weeks." I clenched my fist tightly awaiting for him to shout at me or something like this but after 8 sec, I reopened my eyes as nothing happened through that time.

He was still eating his piece of vanilla cake, his face still unchanged. "So?" I asked kinda shocked that he felt nothing. More like hurt. I thought he would be the slightest bit of sorry of my 3 WEEKS absence but he stayed there, his eyes filled with bore and still munching on his piece of cake at a constant speed. "So... Good trip."

I was gonna protest and say if there could be anyway that I stayed here but he cut me off before I could. "Bu-" " I have to go. Bye." He quickly hopped off of where he was sitting and sped-walked to the stairs, leaving me there with Imagay.

"Um... Y/n? Are you alright?" he said and placed a hand over my shoulder. He had a worried expression all over his face but I could tell it was only there to hide that devilish smirk of his. I looked at the hand over my shoulder, then at him and back at his hand. I then shot him a death glare. "Do. Not. Touch. Me. Imagay." He sweat-dropped and quickly removed his hand from over my shoulder put both of them in the air as if to say 'sorry'.

I just rolled my eyes and went down too.

(Imag- I mean light's p.o.v)

I waited until Y/n left and looked at Ryuk. "Are you sure she is special? I mean, I just see her like a normal person. Well not fully normal 'cause she doesn't like me like the other girls but is she so special that you spend half of your time following?" he finished eating his apple and looked at me.

"Yup. I am sure, Light. There is really something special in that girl that could ruin all your plans. But if you decide not to trust me that is your problem. It is not like I actually care..."