Chapter 93: The end.

"You tried to kill me?" I whispered in uttermost disbelief. A soft yet distinct sound caught my attention and I tilted to its source. It was that damned Shinigami again. I opened my mouth, about to tell him not to annoy me on such an acute moment but he was quick to shush me down. "He can't see me." He said in an inhabitual soft tone. "So turn your head to face him again, and don't give him doubts that you are listening to someone at all. Respond strictly with light nods and quickly. I don't have much time left. 

I did exactly as told, knowing he was being dead serious. "That damned death note doesn't belong to him." he started, every word laced with hatred. "You are the true  owner and he has been using of what was supposed to be your rightful powers as his. He takes you for granted, Hailin. I'm gonna tell you something. You're just a simple individual like any other ones who was just lucky enough to have found a black book with immensely great powers. You sure as hell didn't defeat the death note. But he thinks so. Use this in your favour to scare and ruin him. That scumbag sure as hell deserves it. Goodbye, Hailin." He turned around, about to leave, spreading his wings. Just as he did, he tilted his head to the side, so that he could just see me from the corner of his eyes. To this, I could not help but just, similarly, look at him from the corner of  my eyes. "You might never have known, but I really appreciated you. I might have never said it before too, but you're not like any of my previous owners, Hailin."

With that he flew off, slowly disapearing into the sky. But that, of course, only I could see.

I stepped forward, towards Y/d/n, my eyes glaring directly at him. "Yes." I simply said as if it was a matter of fact. "And now, nothing stops me from destroying you together with your family." He kneeled down, his head on the ground, his two hands clutched together tightly. "Please don't kill me." Was the only thing coming out of his mediocre mouth. "You are pathetic." I replied with utter disgust. "I just told you the unfair fate of your loved ones, and all you care about is your life. But don't be worried. I'll make your life hell. You will suffer for an eternity to pay for your  errors and death will seem like a sweet release you'll never have."

He merely sobbed. "I will kill your wife, but I won't be so generous for your children. They'll possess the deathly powers of a Shinigami, without necessarily being one. Their lives will be a curse. They'll hurt everyone, whether they like it or not.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

"I thought this was the end. That  Y/d/n would fear me forever. I was wrong." Hailin said with a desperate tone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n: Guess who is FINALLY on holidays! I know its been a long wait and I'm sorry for that. Though I promise updates will be way more frequent now. And I'm letting you know that I have checked my notifications once in awhile during the exam period and all my readers have always filled me with a lot joy and determination so thank you for helping me deal with exams. See you soon!