Chapter 82: Artificial.

(Your p.o.v)

I woke up feeling a horrible pain in my head. I was sitting on what seemed to be a metal chair, attached to it with ropes. I was certainly not in the mansion anymore. I tried to desperately get out but in vain. I looked around, hoping to find this place somewhat familiar. It wasn't. A white, clear room. How did I land here? Someone must have picked me up and placed me here. But who?

Was I kidnapped? The probably that I am right is quite high. I don't even remember what happened before my, I presume, passing out.

'Maybe I was still in the dream.' I could not help but wonder. However, I quickly brushed off my mind. "No. After all this time... I would not have fallen for it. No... I had definitely escaped this dream. My father was definitely dead." I said out loud trying to convince myself that I had indeed escaped from my father's hands.

Suddenly, a feminine voice was heard. "You as right, y/n. You did escape from the dream." I looked towards the source even though I saw no one. Footsteps made by heels were heard coming to my direction.

"But have you escaped the reality?" She said, her question sounding more like a statement. At that stage, I was as panicked as ever. What did she mean by escaping reality?

"W-What are you t-talking about?" She laughed heartily. "Seems the pill is working just fine." She said rather to herself than to me. I was left confused.

She pulled a chair from the corner and dragged it in front of me. I just looked, helpless. She sat on it and crossed one leg over the other. She chuckled. "Doesn't this current situation remind you of anything?" She asked me.

I thought for a while and realised what she meant. This scenario: it was just like when I first met Beyond and told him I was his sister. I was in Beyond's place and that women was in mine... But how would she have known that?

"You understood this time, huh?" I instantly shot a glare at her. "This time?" She chuckled, uncrossing her legs and leaning towards me. "Let me explain to you what is really going on, y/n." She whispered sending shivers down my spine. I gulped and decided to listen since I had no other choice. I therefore reluctantly nodded yes.

She started talking in her sweet sickening voice again. "It might be a shock to you, y/n but I don't care." She warned before starting. "You are not real. You are just a stupid entertainment. Everyone you know is. Your powers, your friends, none of them truly exist. You are only a little I am playing with to get money."

Those words rang in my head. Was she insane or something? I'm not believing a single word she is saying. I'm sure she is only trying to confuse me. 

"You do not believe me do you?" She said getting up from the chair. She dusted herself off while muttering "Just like those past few times... " under her breath. What was she meaning by all those references to the past?

"Well, y/n I think its time for a little walk, don't you think?" She said while getting behind me. I felt myself being pushed together with the chair. I squirmed, not wanting her to send me anywhere. She did not respond though.

We stopped on front of a large screen that was playing something. She bent forward and whispered in my ear "look closely." Even though I had not will to do so, I followed her orders.

My eyes widened in utter shock. It was me! I was on this screen. It was playing the time I had a nightmare at the hotel and L came to comfort me. 'Was this spying us from the beginning!?' was all I was thinking about. 

She then started pushing my chair again. "I'm sure that you miss your lover, don't you?" I did not even dare rely to this. I was too shocked by the previous revelation. However, my panic only increased when I entered a room similar to the one I had woken up in with L in the middle.

He was just standing in the middle of the room, staring blankly. What had she done to my L? "L! Its me, y/n." I screamed, feeling tears starting to form on the edge of my eyes. "L!!" I cried out. Not a single reaction from him. It seemed as if he was a robot. But I did not give up. I yelled his name over and over again, hope never leaving me. I continued until my throat became too swollen.

"This is of no use, sweetheart." Said that bitch. "He will never hear you from that other world he is in." I did not take any single word of hers into concentration. I just looking at L's emotionless face through my blurry eyes. The face I thought I would never had seen again.

Afterwards, the bitch dragged me to all of the others. Near, Matt, Mello, Neha- all of them one by one. By that time, I was convinced that she had said the truth. We weren't real. We were just some sort of entertainment. We were artificial. Even though my heart was broken and my head would explode anytime soon, none of this was real. All my feelings, all my memories; they were all nothing. I was living in a fake reality.

(A/n: helloooooooooooo. I miss you guys. Just one more month and my hell is over.)