Chapter 32: Hidden secrets.

(Your p.o.v)

After the date, L and I parted ways. I went to my house and he went to the hotel. I already miss him! I wonder when I will stay in the hotel.

My train of thoughts was interrupted by my phone ringing. I quickly answered. It was L. "Hey, how are you?" he surprisingly sounded caring and 'lovley-dovey'ish. "L, we just seperated. "I know but I'm missing your presence." I rolled my eyes. "I'm fine. You?"

"When are you going to go back to the hotel again?" he slightly whined. "I know, I want to come back too!" I whined back. "Then why don't you?" "I thought I could disturb you." " Y/n, at the start of the case, I made you stay at the hotel because you were a suspect. When you were cleared from suspicion, you remained there because you could help me in the case. And you can still help." I could tell he was smiling."Being my girlfriend is not a disturbance at all. In fact, its an advantage."

I lifted one eyebrow at his statement." And how is that an advantage?" he chuckled "We could do...stuffs." "You spend too much time with Matt and Mello." "Yeah, I think so too." I chuckled."Okay I'm packing my stuffs, then." L hummed in reply and hung up. I shoved my phone in my pocket and opened my closet.

There weren't many clothes in there. Just t-shirts and jeans and a few jackets. There was one special bracelet I was looking for quite some time. I suddenly remembered I had left it in my mom's room. In fact, its my mom who took it away from me when she was still normal. I guess we can say that...

Anyways. I went to her room and started searching for the bracelet. I went to the cupboard beside her bed. I never saw what was in there before.

Curiosity took over me and I opened the furniture. There was a large stack of paper laying everywhere. I started to take one by one and reading it. Some were torn but I managed to re-assemble it. Playing with Near can really help. When I was done, I read its content.

We recieved your message. We are not going to call the cops if you give us Y/n and Beyond back. We do not have enough money. Please, accept this offer.

           Y/m/n (Your mom's name)

What. The. Fuck.

(A/n: Holy motherfucking shit. BB's in here! Another holy motherfucking shit. 2K reads!!! Thank you guys so so much. If you want to talk, I'm always here. *epic fangirl dance.* hm, its been a long time I didn't do one. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this crap.)