Chapter 89: What happened. (Part 1)

I kept looking at her eyes full of tears. It felt like my whole body was not working at all. I felt numb. She cracked a smile and sniffed. "That's a lot to take, isn't it?" I gave no response. "I'll take that for a yes." She kept on talking, even though there was no sign of me interacting or even  listening in the first place. "I was a human before. One that owned a death note, and I sure did use it a lot. That's how I got to be a Shinigami. Every one who uses the death note becomes a Shinigami it the after life. When you are a human turning to be a Shinigami, you only obtain powers, not the appearance of a Shinigami. Now it was really hard to be accepted in this world when I first came. The gods would call me names, tell me that I had 'unpure blood and flesh' and all the shit that happened just like on earth. It seemed real fun to me that to completely different.., well, lets call it species, could have one thing in common; pride. All of this crap about pure blood, pure flesh; its just utter bullshit." "..."

"Yeah, it is... Well, its just a detail, lets get back to the main story before I bore you to death. Your father and I worked together as partners for the government and we were really close friends. When I first saw and touched this death note, your father was the first one to know about it. He was so good to me; when my sister was sick, he was the one to help me take care of her and when she died, he helped me prepare a proper funeral for her and comforted me when I was at my worst. So it made sense that he was the one beside me when I inspected this weird book closely.

When we became familiar to it, meaning even seeing a Shinigami, I refused to use this killing weapon. However, your father did not agree with me. "Let's use it for good." He said. "We will be famous for saving millions of lives." He said" She scoffed. "Bullshit. Years later, he was still practicing killing criminals. He hadn't become famous, I would not let him reveal to the world that he was a mass-murderer. I loved him too much. At that time, I had never used the death note nor did I think of using it. It would have meant being a monster. Speaking of which, that Shinigami would never leave me, not even when I needed some time alone. What a pervert. I always thought it should have stuck to your dad's ass instead of mine.

And then something happened. One afternoon, while I was at his apartment, him writing in the death note, someone came in.

(A/n: Ok I'm tired. I'm gonna write the second part to this chapter later so you guys will get an update soon enough. 

So what did you guys get for Christmas this time, huh? I got some sport materials and some cash.

One more thing, I was asked be someone to make another L x reader story. What do you think? 

Song is Last Christmas by Wham! R.I.P for George Micheal.)