Chapter 79: Ceiling.

(Your p.o.v)

I woke up and looked at my watch. " 06 00 a.m." I muttered. L was still sleeping. 'That's weird.' I thought. 'L never sleeps that much. Truth be told, I in never actually saw him laying down like this so peacefully. I shrugged it off rubbed my eyes. Maybe he was just more tired than usual. I looked in front of me, my eyes still feeling heavy. I furrowed my eyes. The corpse was not there.

I immediately got up and searched for it. Anxiety started to build up inside of me. 'Come on come on where is it?' I said as I kept walking around everywhere, my eyes searching in each and every corner. I did realise Beyond was in front of me and I bumped into him causing his pot of jam to fall down on the floor.

I gasped and looked down at the floor. The substance was so red. Just like...blood.

I did not realise Beyond was calling out for me until he gently tapped me on my shoulder. Surprised, I shot my head upwards and saw him. "Y/n, are you alright? You have been spacing out for like 30 seconds." Beyond asked with a worried expression.

I blinked twice then nodded. "Yeah. Oh sorry for the jam." I apologised. He smiled. "No worry's. I was not craving jam anyways." He said. Huh. That's odd. Beyond used to always have a pot of jam with him.

"Uum did you see the... Uh the corpse?" I asked not really knowing how to call it.

He scratched his back. "I put it in the underground basement. You know. To like hide the proofs in case some unexpected happens. Yeah...I'm kinda used to it so it doesn't bother me." I just nodded.

That was the best thing to do. There was an awkward silence.

"Say, y/n. What was his final words." He asked out of the blue. "I gave him a confused look. "You know, dad. What was the last thing he told you." "Oh." I paused and thought about it. My heart sinked a little. "He told me to tell him how I felt about him." I paused. "I told him the truth. I told him I felt like he was a monster." I said. "You have your reasons, y/n. Don't feel guilty at all." He tried to comfort me. I gulped and continued "I told him I was sorry though. I never knew anything about him. Anything at all. If I did have memories, they must have vanished away with him." "I see." He said. There was another silence. "He told me I could figure this mystery out, though." He looked at me with questioning eyes. "The mansion." I explained. "The one we have grown up in. He says I will find answers to my questions there." "Will you go there?" He asked.

"I don't know." I said as I ran a hand through my hair. "I really want to find it answers but what if its another trap? What do you think." I asked. "I think that you should not go." He said firmly. "Think about it. Your life is finally stable now. Do you really want to mess all of this only to get some 'answers'? Can't you just leave the past behind?" He explained. I nodded thoughtfully. Maybe he was right.

"I'll have to take your opinion into consideration." I finally said. "Good." He replied.

There was yet another silence.  "So when will we bury him?" He asked. "We are not gonna bury him. We must burn him to erase all evidence." I immediately said. "Oh okay." He said.

I know I sounded cruel but I seriously did not care what was done with his body. This man, he had ruined my entire life. I did forgive him in the end but its not like all the hatred magically transformed into love. This was much more complicated.

"Yeah. That is the best to do." He nodded. "I understand." I started to walk away when Beyond called out for me. "Oh and y/n!" I turned around to look at him. "Yes?" "I think you should take a bath. To, you know, get rid of the blood." He said pointing at my shirt. I looked at it to wee that the blue colour had changed into dark red.

I just nodded quickly and directed myself to the bathroom.
I discarded my clothes and jumped into the steamy hot shower. The water drops falling on the skin of my back was relaxing. I gave out a sigh and closed my eyes.  

I opened them quickly again remembering the purpose of me on taking a shower. I rubbed my skin to get the blood off it. I checked carefully if I had missed any spot and sighed in satisfaction when I was fully cleaned. I looked up at the ceiling. A buzzing sound started to form inside of my head but I did not care. My complete attention was on that ceiling. This white concrete strangely triggered something in my memory. But what?

A thought ran through my mind. 'Where is Draknar ?'

(A/n: well... Fuck)