"Going Under" Evanescene

Not my favorite.... but, eh.

--------

“Going Under” Evanescene

It was a bet. My friends knew I had loved her in eighth grade. What they didn’t know was that I was still hopelessly in love with her after four years.

But I took the bet.

I went to her house. Thankfully, she answered the door. My breath was taken away by her beauty. I regained my composure and leaned in, trying to place one of my signature smirks on my face. Then the moment for which I would do anything for happened. I kissed her. Her lips were heaven. I loved her, I knew. The next words were going to kill me. I hated myself. I truly felt like a monster as I said, “I hate you.”

The door slammed and I was alone. I turned around. My friends were in the car, laughing. I was crying.

The next day I went to school. I didn’t want to see her but I was pretending nothing had ever happened. I felt that was the best way to deal with it. At least that’s what I thought.

I opened my locker and white piece of paper attached to a white rose splattered with red flowed down. I cached it easily, however, a thorn went into my finger. I pulled it out and wiped the blood, then sucked on it. I moved the rose and read the note. Johnathan, I love you. I will always love you. A little part of me. But last night, you proved to me that as much as you mayy love me you’ll never be able to say it to me, I never want to hear it anyway, it will only break my heart. I can’t wait forever. It’s time to move on. Last night, I held the knife… Ready to cut for the first time. I wanted to stain the white rose red with my blood. So you’ll see and learn that words hurt. But I didn’t. Because I know you love me. It is, sadly, not enough. I hope though, that when you meet the girl you truly fall in love with you’ll be able to admit it and say it- before it’s too late. I will always love you. Goodbye.

Goodbye.