"If I Leave" A Day To Remember

I like this band a lot. I like the song too. Go listen to it if you haven't already. :)

-----------------------------------

“If I Leave” A Day To Remember

“This is stupid,” I muttered over the roar of the thrashing water underneath. “Why am I doing this again?”

Nathalia looked at me and pointedly rolled her eyes, “Stop being a pussy and jump.”

“Why don’t you?” I snapped; this was a bad idea.

“You’re trying to forget the cheating skank so we’re fulfilling you’re bucket list. Just jump.” Nathalia snapped.

I didn’t put it past her to push me so I nodded, “Right forget Chelsea.”

“Forget Chelsea.” Nathalia repeated after me.

I braved the water, looking over. “Nathalia, I really don’t think… Not a good idea.” I shook my head at her and bit my lip, hoping and praying she’d agree and we walked off to do something else. Something safe.

Nathalia looked at me, “Look Rown, she cheated, just jump.”

“So inspirational.” I murmured and looked over the cliff. “And you’ll jump after me?”

“As soon as you resurface.”

“And if I don’t?” I asked, scared at the new possibility of not resurfacing.

She rolled her eyes, “Then you’re dead, Rown.”

“Gee, thanks. Really, why are you not a public speaker of sorts?” I asked her dryly. The sun was high in the sky. “I… I can’t.”

Nathalia sighed and sat on a nearby rock. “Why the hell not?”

“Because… I didn’t put on sunscreen?”

She stood up and walked over to me, “I swear I’ll push you.”

“You are too kind.” I said; better get it over with it. “Watch the master.”

“Right,” Nathalia snapped.

I walked to the edge of the cliff, “Time to jump.” I murmured to myself so that Nathalia couldn’t hear.

Then I jumped.

Everything slowed down. The air was fighting on it’s way up. The water seemed to rise and crash violently against the cliff. The sun seemed to bright and cheery yet ominous somehow. The sky was too still, as if holding its breath waiting for something.

Not my death, please.

My body ached as it hit the navy water. I cussed as I sunk, letting salt water into my body. I started moving my legs, starting to panic. I needed to get up. I needed to move up and breathe!

I resurfaced, spitting out the salt water. Almost instantly water was hitting me, trying to push me down once again, I took a deep breath and went under. Fighting against the currents that moved me and swimming parallel to the shore, just like they always told us.

Nathalia screamed and landed with a splash. Her resurfacing was faster. “This is great!”

“Hm.” I couldn’t agree; this was not great.

Nathalia started swimming next to me, “So how do we get out?”

“How exactly.” Was all I said.

I had no idea.