"Celebrity Status" Marianas Trench

Hello! Thanks so much for reading! Enjoy. :)

-------------------------------

“Celebrity Status” Marianas Trench

Henry looked around. He wondered where she was at. Maybe in the library. She liked to spend time there, didn’t she? When they were friends she did.

But you guys aren’t friends. A voice said. True.

“Henry, baby,” Tina whispered in his ear, her voice was sickeningly sweet. It was all fake.

Henry turned to her, “Babe.” He shuddered at the thought of the word. “I need to print an essay, I’ll be back.” Lies.

She pushed her body closer to his, and whispered in his ear, “I’ll come with you.” If she was trying to be seductive it wasn’t working. She was revolting. “We can have some fun…”

He tried not to gag. “It’s okay, baby.”

She shrugged and let him go, rolling her blue eyes.

Henry walked quickly, heading to the library. Maybe Rachelle would be there.

Rachelle Walker, the girl of your dreams. Yes.

Henry couldn’t help the involuntary smile that floated and made his face it’s residence. He got to the library, pushing open the gray door. He glanced around, smiling politely to the librarian, before heading to the back. Sure enough, there she was. She was sitting beside some guy named Andrew and one of Henry’s old friends, Patricia.

Henry went between aisles of books and waved to Rachelle. She gave him a look; a well-deserved, rude look. Henry hadn’t spoken to Rachelle in about three years, why now?

Why now, Henry? The voice asked. Not sure.

Andrew glanced up and rolled his eyes. Patricia didn’t give Henry a second look.

Gathering up all his courage he walked over to the trio. “Hi.”

“Hey.” Andrew said, flipping his dyed black hair out of his face.

“Can I help you?” Patricia’s tone showed her dislike of Henry.

“Nah.” He shrugged, trying to calm his nerves. He sat next to Rachelle. “Hi, Rachel.”

“Rachelle.” She said. “To you, it’s Rachelle.”

Andrew gave Henry a look. “Aren’t you dating that whore, Trina?”

“Tina. And yes…” Henry bit his lip. He should have said something; calling his girlfriend a whore wasn’t acceptable, was it?

Andrew flipped his hair again; it rested in the same spot as last time.

Henry looked at Rachelle, “So how’s everything Rachel-le.” He caught himself.

She gave him a look, “Since I spoke to you last? Well, for starters, I turned eighteen.”

“I know, December twentieth, right?”

“Correct,” her voice was cold.

Andrew glanced at him, wondering how he knew Rachelle… and Patricia.

Henry turned to Patricia, “Patty, how’s everything with you?”

“Fine, asshole.” She answered.

“Can I talk to you, Rachel?” He said, turning back to Rachelle.

Rachelle rolled her eyes, “No.”

“Please?”

“No.”

“C’mon, please?” Henry whined.

Rachelle shot him daggers and said, “Say what you have to say in front of Andy and Pat.”

Henry got close to Rachelle, letting his lips touch hers. “I love you.” He murmured.