"Rough Hands" Alexisonfire

The band's name is pronounced "Alexis on fire" appearantly.  One of their members was Dallas Green from "City and Colour". Both bands are great.

Enjoy.

-------------------------

“Rough Hands” Alexisonfire

            “Jude, Mr. Rian would like to talk to you in his office.” Gianna, Mr. Rian’s assistant, murmured as she walked past me on her way to the copy room to probably make out with Mr. Shaw who followed soon after.

            I stood up, sighing. If he was going to ask me for the report… I wasn’t done and I knew Mr. Rian had a tendency of being rather rude with his workers although I had never personally felt his wrath. I slipped on my heels, and walked over to Mr. Rian’s office door, knocking once.

            “Come in.” Mr. Rian’s deep voice came from inside.

            I pushed the heavy oak door open and stood in the doorway, feeling his eyes on me. I shifted uncomfortably, “You wanted to speak to me?”

            “Yes, close the door, come in.” It wasn’t a suggestion, it was a command. My heart raced, I knew this was about the report; I didn’t want him to get mad…

            “If it’s about the report…” I stumbled. “I… I can go get what I have done… I’m sorry I haven’t finished it… I’m working on it.”

            He gave me a steady look, “You’re not done?”

            I shook my head quickly. I shifted my gaze away from his grey eyes. “Sorry, I’ll work on it.” I stood up from the seat across his desk, making my way towards the door.

            “Did I dismiss you?” Mr. Rian’s voice came.

            I hurried to the seat I had occupied. “Sorry.”

            “Look at me when you speak, Jude.”

            “Yes sir.” I said, looking up but not looking directly at him. He was scary.

            “Call me Kenny.”

            Kenny? I nodded.

            “Jude, please look at me.”

            “Yes sir, I mean… Yes, Kenny.” The words sounded odd. “Is this about the report?” I asked again, unsure of why I was there.

            “No, no. Jude, it’s not.” Kenny shook his head, sliding off his glasses and rubbing his temples.

            “Then, sir, why am I here?” I asked.

            “Kenny.” Kenny corrected.

            “Kenny, why am I here?” I pressed, gaining confidence. Kenny… Or Mr. Rian seemed more relaxed.

            “Jude,” Kenny said, leaning across the desk and taking my hands.

            I pulled away, setting my hands in my lap.

            “Jude,” Kenny said, coming around the desk.

            I froze; what the hell was he doing? “Kenny?”

            “Yes?” Kenny asked; his voice was a bit off.

            “Why am I here?” I said, and then added, “What are you doing?” When he put a strand of hair behind my ear.

            “I think you’re beautiful, Jude.”

            I shook my head, “I’ll go work on the report.”

            “Forget the bloody report for a second.” Kenny said, taking my hands again. I tried to take them away, but his grip on them was stronger than my force. “Jude, listen to me.”

            “Mr. Rian,” I said, yanking my hands as hard as I could away from him and standing up, knocking the chair over. My vision was becoming blurry; unshed tears stung by brown eyes. “Mr. Rian, I am a worker. You are my boss.”

            He grabbed my face, “Jude, kiss me.”

            “What! No.” I said, twisting my face away and massaging my hurt wrists.

            “It’s an order, Jude.” Kenny said.

            “I am not a prostitute.” I muttered, meeting his gaze. It caught me off guard, it wasn’t icy and cold like usual. His eyes were soft and tender, they were filled with hope. Unsure of what I was doing I pressed my lips against his.