"Face Down" Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

I listened to the acoustic version while writing this, better than the original in my opinion. Great song. Really great band.

Enjoy.

-------------------------------

“Face Down” Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

            As she fell to the ground it was like we were in a movie. Time seemed to laugh in our faces as it slowed down. I could see every little thing as the knife entered her heart. Her mouth opened in shock, but no sound came out. Her feet seem to crumble underneath her, her head fell forward. Her arms folded a bit as she fell.

            She landed on the pavement with a sickening crack. Her elbows were skinned and raw, more blood flowing out. Her eyes were rolling to the back of her head and she gasped and sputtered. Blood flowed out of her mouth, dribbling down her chin into her shirt, as it mixed with the blood from the wound on her chest.

            She gasped before her eyes shut and it was over.

            Her life was over.

            Just like that.

            I stared down at her. She didn’t look peaceful, as she should have; instead she looked conflicted and… scared.

Pain shot through me, at first I thought it was the knife that the killer held. I looked down, I was unwounded; the knife was still in the attacker’s hand. The pain was heartache; it was a million times worse. Why couldn’t he have killed me instead? Why did I think he was bluffing?

He was fucking insane, for God’s sake!

I gaped down at Suri, looking at the way her hair matted down to her sweaty forehead.

“Whore deserved it.” The little fucker said.

“Fuck you!” I screamed, and launched myself at him. Stupid idea, he had a knife! But I didn’t care. Life without Suri was no life for me.

I loved her.

Fuck, I love her.

Why couldn’t it be me that was on the floor, dead? Why couldn’t it be Suri who was still alive?

            Or better yet, why couldn’t that little fucker be dead and six feet under? Why couldn’t he be burning in Hell?

            A surge of fury ran its course through my veins, as I tried to rip out the little fucker’s heart with my bare hands.

            He pointed the knife at me, and reflexively I backed away. He laughed cynically. He was insane.

            “Kill me! Kill me!” I shouted. “Suri’s dead! What more is there to live for?” I was sobbing now and I fell to my knees by Suri’s side. I reached over and hugged the body to my chest, crying into its hair. “Suri, baby… Please, come back, I need you, I love you…”

            He started laughing. “Fine.”

            And with that my pain was relieved.