Chapter 15: The Cardboard Box

Alex pulls my hair up and I start fighting even more. I can't let them see my tattoo, it's special! Not everyone knows about it, not even Gabi!

Alex slaps his hand on my head so I can't move and puts his knee on my back. He lifts my hair again.

"Is this the tattoo?" Alex asks.

"Yes boys, you can let her go." I hear my aunt say. The boys back away from me. I get up and fall on the floor and start breathing really very fast.

"Ally, get up." Aunt Melanie says, she hold out her hand. I roll my eyes and use the table for support instead.

"What the hell was that for? And why the hell did you let them see my tattoo if your know it's special for my and that I only want people I trust to know about it!" I hiss.

"Darling, you can trust these boys." Aunt Melanie says. "And if we didn't check for your tattoo, we wouldn't know if your the real Alison Johnson."

"Well, couldn't you have tried to have a calmer attempt." I groan.

"Boo, hoo." Aunt Melanie says faking sympathy, I growl. Alex snorts and Kai elbows him.

"Now tell me.. Why are you here?" She asks.

"I don't know." I hiss. "Daddy just told us we're moving here and told us to not question him." I say.

"Harold.." She hiss's. You see, Aunt Melanie kinda hates my dad.. He called her a bloody whore 7 years ago, because well.. She was.

"And now both my parents are kidnapped." I say, she sighs.

"You mean parent-napped." Chris corrects.

"Why are they still here?" I hiss.

"I'll be back." Aunt Melanie says rushing into a small supply closet.

"Nice tattoo." Kai says trying to kill the awkwardness.

"Did she tell you anything about it?" I ask.

"No." Val says.

"Should we know something about it?" Chris asks.

"No." I sigh in relief. At least something about me can stay a secret, but I doubt its gonna stay a secret for long.

"So I heard you and Gabi are friends again." Chris says smirking.

"Your getting on my nerves." I hiss. He puts his hands up in surrender. Aunt Melanie comes back in the room with a big cardboard box.

"Drew and Mari left this for you." Aunt Melanie says placing the box on a table. I flinch at her name. I walk up to the box. The boys are right behind me.

"What is it?" I ask placing my hands on the box. They once touched this box, those backstabbers once touched this box. I immediately take my hands off it, I took it off so quickly it looked like the box burned me..

It did. It burned me on the inside, and it left one hell of a scar.

"I don't know. I haven't opened it. They dropped this off here 5 years ago and told me this was for you." Aunt Melanie says. I open the box and there is a bunch of letters, gifts and old pictures.

Aunt Melanie started talking to the boys about school, maybe it was to distract them so they wouldn't read my letters.

I pick up a letter at the top of the box.

Dear Alison,

Forgive me for leaving you. Forgive me for being a terrible best friend and family. I had to leave for your safety. Your in constant danger, and that's because of me. I had to leave otherwise you would've got killed. I rather get killed then have you be killed. Understand the circumstances, I did this for you. I am sorry Ally, I am so sorry for leaving you. Just know, it's killing me just writing this letter, imagine what it's doing to me. Having to wake up everyday with out you by my side. Ally, I promise to you, I will find you and make this up to you. I love you and always will.

-Lots Of Love
Marisa

I gently put the letter away. She, still cares for me? I just misunderstood her this whole time?

I grabbed another letter, I couldn't help my self. What if it has contact information.

Dear Ally,

Hey princess, sorry for leaving. If I could stay, I promise you I would. I would've never left. I would never do anything to upset you, but I also couldn't do anything to put you in danger. I had to keep you away from danger, but sadly I was the danger and I had to leave you. I know your broken, but remember I will find you. I will find you and I will never leave you again. Remember I love you and always will.

-Love
Andrew

PS. Read Mari's letter, it explains much better ;) Love ya!

I held back my tears. I blamed them this whole time, I though they were betrayers, but they just left for me and my safety. They gave up their amazing luxurious lives, just for me.. And I just hated them in return. I put letters back in the box and closed it.

"Where are they?" I hiss, turning on my heel.

"W-Who?" Aunt Melanie stutters. Alex smirks, Chris nudges him.

"You know who! Where are they?!" I hiss. "I deserve to know!"

"I don't know darling." She says hugging me trying to calm me down.

"Yes you do!" I hiss. "I have waited 5 fucking years for this! In those 5 years, you do not know what happened to me! I went through so much!" My eyes got filled with tears.

"Shh, Ally.. It's okay darling." She says calmly pulling me into a hug.

"You don't understand!" I scream pushing her away from me.

"Ally, calm down." Aunt Melanie orders.

"Where are they?" I hiss.

"I ca-"

"Beep!"

I check my phone, it better be something good.

Unknown Number:
555 Moon Star Court. The white marble mansion in Toronto. That's what the key unlocks. It's safer there, away from you past. One day you will be brought back to California, don't worry. Its just when the time comes. They're are loving people there.. Not with people like Mrs. Hurley

-DJ

He's here?! I look around the room. I saw no one, I run to the window and look out. No one was there.

"Ally? Ally, what happened?" Val asks tapping on my shoulder.

"Last chance, where are they?" I hiss.

"Or what?" Aunt Melanie snaps.

"Uncle Harrison will find out that Ellie isn't his child!" I hiss. The boys all looked shocked. Alex breaks into fits of laughter, Kai smacks his hand over his mouth muffling his annoying laughter.

Ellie was my 5 years old cousin, Aunt Melanie cheated on my uncle and got pregnant, and he thinks Ellie is his child.

"You wouldn't!" She hiss's.

"Oh I would." I laugh. "I told you, I will do anything to get them back." I say. All the sudden my hands start shaking. No! No! No! Not now, not after so long! This cant be happening!

"You didn't take your pill's did you?" Aunt Melanie snaps, I stay silent. "You need to take those pills otherwise you will constantly get panic attacks."

I slowly walk closer to Aunt Melanie, my throat starts closing, and my vision gets blurry. "H-Help m..me..." I call out.

Just like that, darkness consumes me.