Chapter 17: Killers On My Property

I turn around.

Alexander Monroe, the killer stood on my balcony. I growled. I grabbed the tray and got up. I walked right past him through the door. I placed the tray on my desk and turned to close the door. But Alex already closed it and was standing inside. He's gonna kill me isn't he? Is it because I'm a witness of his crime?!

"Are you gonna kill me?" I ask. He chuckles and smirks.

"Why would I kill you?" He asks walking closer to me. I walk backwards to get away from him.

'Thud.' My back was pressed against my white and black wall after him taking 3 small steps. The cold wall sends shivers down my spine.

"Because I'm a witness of your crime?" I snap.

"I would've killed you a long time ago if that was the case." He smirks.

"Then why are you here?" I snap.

"Just letting you know.. Whatever you parents did to protect you was a hell of a good job.. Don, my trusty side kick can't find any information about.. But trust me I will personally find out things about you.. Like who 'they' are.. Why you left and returned to California after 14 years.." Alex whispers in my ear. His peppermint breath was melting me. Then he pushed some of my hairs behind my ear than places his hand on my cheek.

"Why do you wanna know those things about me?" I growl.

"Because. It's not everyday you find a feisty girl like you that jumps out of balconies and lands perfectly fine, or gets shot, stabbed, kidnapped- you get the point right?" I nod and he smirks. "Good." He says.

"Just letting you know. You'll never really know me." I smirk and walk into my closet. He never would find out anything about me.. Never. I am confident about that.

I grab Tony's old white shirt, my grey shorts, black lacy undergarments and a white robe and towel.

I walk outside of my closet expecting Alex to be gone.

"Your still here?" I ask.

"I need to talk to you about our Art assignment." Alex says sitting on my bed.

"Later. I am taking a shower." I say walking back into my bathroom and then I slam and lock the door. I hear some footsteps, I'm assuming he left. What a relief! I liked my bathroom a lot, my bathroom was all white with black accessories (black towels, curtains, tooth brush holder, soap bottle etc). I close the door. I fill up the white bathtub with hot water, turn on the jets and throw in a Lush bath bomb. The water starts foaming and turns pink. I grab my phone and put on some music. I chose the song Be Together by Major Lazer. I strip naked and get in the tub.

I hum along to the song then and start singing. For me this was just a sad song.. But I liked it. It kinda reminded me of Drew and Mari.

"Let me escape in your arms
Baby I'm yours, baby I'm yours
Love don't come easy at all
I miss you so much, I miss you so much

Tell me, is this freedom, baby?
Chasing after danger, making my heart race, woah

Maybe if the stars align, maybe if our worlds collide
Maybe on the dark side we could be together, be together
Maybe in a million miles, on a highway through the stars
Someday soon we'll be together

He was a dreamer at heart
Chasing the stars, chasing the stars
Wings spread to the sun
I miss you so much, I miss you so much

Tell me, is this freedom, baby?
Chasing after danger, making my heart break, woah

Maybe if the stars align, maybe if our worlds collide
Maybe on the dark side we could be together, be together
Maybe in a million miles, on a highway through the stars
Someday soon we'll be together

We'll be together, we'll be together

Maybe if the stars align, maybe if our worlds collide
Maybe on the dark side we could be together, be together
Maybe in a million miles, on a highway through the stars
Someday soon we'll be together

Maybe if the stars align, maybe if our worlds collide
Maybe on the dark side we could be together, be together
Maybe in a million miles, on a highway through the stars
Someday soon we'll be together" I sing loudly over the music. I have never sang in front of anyone in 5 years, when Mari and Drew left, so did my interest for singing. Also it ruined the bad-ass image I was starting to get apparently according to Chris and Val.

I get out of the tub and dry myself off with my towel. I tie a towel around my hair and slip on my robe. I drain the water in the tub and turn off the jets. I slip on my undergarments. I look at my reflection and sigh. So many scars, so many painful memories.

I quickly slip on Tony's old white shirt and my grey shorts. I leave my hair open to hair air dry. I grab my phone from the counter and look at my notifications before going outside. I had 1883 Facebook notifications.

That's weird, I only have around 300 friends, which were actually just relatives and children of business partners and they never messaged me unless it was an occasion. I open the Facebook app and go onto my profile. I check my wall. They were all comments from kids from school.

My phone drops out of my hands and falls on to the white tiles. I clench my fists and punch the white door and scream 'Why?!'. I fall to the ground, I bring my knees up to my chest.

How dare they do this to me?