Reed Max - Planning Our First Date

I lie outside on the picnic table, spinning the phone in my hand around and around, waiting for Reena to text me back. I just asked her if she would be okay with me taking her over to my house, and that my parents wanted to meet her. I know she must be thinking about it because this is a big deal, and I know she's going to be uncomfortable with meeting my parents for the first time, while she's more than three months pregnant with my child.

I pray my mom doesn't do her usual thing and make me regret taking her, she can be a real detective sometimes and doesn't know when to back off. The phone chirps and I flip it over to see one text message received, Reena.

8:42 p.m.Reena: I don't have anything to wear.

I smile and sit up,

8:42 p.m. – Me: Really? Couldn't find any better excuse?

8:43 p.m. – Reena: I'm going to have morning sickness.

8:43 p.m. – Me: Good, it's in the afternoon.

8:44p.m. – Reena: Lol. I hate you.

I chuckle, covering my eyes and just stare up at the sky with a smile on my face. My phone vibrates and I look at the screen,

8:45 p.m.Reena: I don't think they'll like me very much.

I frown and look back up. I know she's scared and I can't really blame her, but I need her here tomorrow to meet my parents.

8:45 p.m.Me: Don't worry about them, I like you.

8:46 p.m.Reena: Good, cuz I like you too.

That causes me to smile widely.

8:46p.m.Reena: Sleep. Bye

8:47 p.m.Me: Goodnight.

***

I know it is short but I will be updating another part soon. 

So please, vote and comment so I'll know what you guys think. 

Thank you guys for reading & Happy Reading! : )