Chapter five

"Where are we going? I don't think I've been into this part of the city before" I say with my head out the window looking at all the lights.
"I'm sorry, that's probably our fault. We haven't really given you the proper sightseeing experience on the east coast have we?" Iz asks smiling at me from the back seat.
"That didn't answer my question" I laugh at her.
"Observant" she teases me and I sit back in my seat.
"Come on man I'm not five, I don't need surprises" I try my luck with Coop.
"Iz wants to see an old girlfriend" he smirks at her in the rear view mirror as he navigates the crowded streets.
"Oh she didn't!" Iz gasps.
"Oh she did" he laughs.
"Who did what?" I ask lost.
"Nothing! Loose lipped pregnant woman" Iz grumbles in the back.
Truth is I don't really care where we are going, it's good to be somewhere new. To just spend time together.

Coop finds a park and we climb out of the Mustang onto the street, it's eleven thirty but people fill the path walking to god knows where. It's an odd mix of businesses ranging from cafes and liquor stores to pet shops and dressmakers. Everything just seems to be crammed in altogether.
"This way" Iz grabs my hand pulling me along as Coop gives her a piggyback.
Wherever we are headed she certainly looks pleased with herself. We stop into the liquor store and Iz picks up a bottle of whiskey in a brown paper bag.
"Off the wagon again?" I ask with a smirk.
"Shut your face, this is medicinal" she laughs at me and we cross the street.

The lights flash on the sign outside and I laugh, she can't be serious.
"Mm mm mm, there she is. I knew you'd be back, all my Virgin's come back to me eventually" a crazy looking chick with pink hair, facial piercings and neck tattoos laughs as we walk in.
"What can I say, you have a way with pain I can't resist" Iz giggles and the chick looks over both Cooper and I.
"Damn, we adding another name to the list? Cooper right?" She asks Coop.
"Good guess" he smirks looking over his competition.
"So I don't need to change my name this week then?" She pouts at Iz.
"Not this week" Iz blushes.
Damn my girl can attract the ladies, I give them a curious look. Yeah I'd definitely pay to see that.
"C'mon then let's get you guys set up" she waves us over to a booth in the back.
"You guys? Who's getting ink?" I ask.
"Who do you think? This was your idea" Iz nudges me with her whole body and I hold onto her.
"Us?" I laugh.
"You and me" she grins up at me. "You trust me remember?" She giggles and like always I have to fight myself to not kiss the breath out of her.
"What are we getting?" I shake my head dumbfounded.
"Yeah, that's where the trust comes in. Coop's choice, we don't see till it's done" Iz challenges me.
"Seriously?" I don't know about this. "Coop could choose something awesome for you and something like a unicorn riding a bike for me" I frown and the tattooist laughs out loud.
"And that's not your definition of awesome?" she pulls up her shirt and she has a fucking unicorn riding a fucking bike on her hip.
"You have got to be kidding me?" Coop laughs smacking my shoulder.
"I take that back, it's pretty awesome" I say bright red.
"You said matching, we're getting matching. Whatever Coop picks for you goes on me too. I trust Cooper completely, I'll ask again. Do you trust me?" Iz asks cracking the seal on the bottle of whiskey.
"I trust you" I nod. "Bring it" I challenge taking the bottle from her hand and take a swig.

Coop and the artist sit with their heads together while Iz and I take turns with the whiskey and once again her fingers lace with mine, my thumb runs over the length of hers up and down needing just a little more contact.
"You nervous?" I ask with a smirk.
"Nah ah, you?" She beams up at me.
I shake my head speechless like always when she takes my breath away.
"So you like Jess?" Iz asks like she's just making conversation.
"Yeah she's cool, not sure the boys are her biggest fan" I press my knees together with a grimace.
"I bet" Iz smirks.
"I was looking at her son just for the record, I'm not sure why everyone thinks I'm some crazed perv trying to jump anything that moves" I grumble.
"I'm pretty sure it's that dirty dirty mouth of yours, the way it's always running about some hot chick or the bad boy smile you always wear around a nice set of tits" Iz tells me watching my mouth.
"I have a bad boy smile?" I chuckle and lick my lips.
"You have an amazing smile, I hate that I don't see it often enough lately" Iz sighs cupping my jaw and tracing her thumb over my bottom lip.
I bite it and grin at her shocked gasp, I suck it into my mouth and she pulls away blushing.
"Definitely fucking bad boy" Iz shakes her head smiling and snaps a pic of me grinning at her with her phone.
I snatch the phone with a gasp of my own and see the photo she just took, fuck, I really shouldn't look at her like that. I look like I'm ready to pounce on my prey, go for the kill.
"So handsome, you smile just like your brother" Iz says soft over my shoulder looking too.
"Cheese" I laugh ignoring her words and switch the camera to selfie.
Bringing the bottle to my lips I snap a pic of her leaning on my shoulder while I drink from the bottle. Laughing Iz snatches the whiskey from me and takes a drink herself and I keep clicking the button on the screen, there must be more than a hundred photos of our laughing faces.
"Fuck I love you Iz" I sigh tipsy and breathless before I can stop myself.
"Cole" Iz sighs too. "I love you too" she whispers but kind of worried and cautious.
"I bet we get Cooper is boss or something like that" I laugh changing conversation to a safer topic.
"Well who's ready to find out?" Coop asks standing in front of us.
I really need to pay better attention to my surroundings, that's the second time today he's snuck up on me.
"Ladies first" I smirk at Iz.
"Yeah nah, up you get Cole" Iz pushes me out of my seat and into the big black chair that reminds me of the dentist.
The tattooist has wrapped the arm in plastic and it's smells like disinfectant. I swallow nervously.
"Right arm up here, you sure you want to do this?" She asks me and I look up at Iz.
"I'm sure, I trust them" I nod but my fingers grip the armrest too tightly.
The tattooist rubs her hot pink latex covered hand over mine to relax it.
"I can't start til you relax" she smiles kindly.
"Bug? You're not going to be a big baby about this are you?" Iz teases me. "Do you need me to hold your hand?"
Always gorgeous.
"Ha! Not likely. Go sit your ass down in the corner, if I don't get to see this then neither do you" I scoff and shoo her away.
"So busted" Iz pouts and takes her seat again where she can't see what's happening.
"I got you brother, you just try your best not to cry and I'll keep this one distracted" Coop raises his brows with a grin and claims my seat and my woman's attention.
I jolt as a cool liquid is sprayed onto my arm then bite my lip as a razor removes all hair from the outside of my forearm.
"You're not ticklish are you? I'm very gentle and this won't hurt a bit" the tattooist smirks crazy at me as she applies the stencil. "I'm also a liar" she winks and the buzzing starts.
"Why the fuck did I open my mouth?" I groan and bite my lip as the needle makes contact.
"Shh now, there's women watching. Act like a man" this chick winks at me looking over her glasses.
"Yeah sure" I groan in pain and close my eyes.