Chapter twenty two

I lay on the hard bed feeling anxious, I don't really have time for this and I know I'm gonna be late for work.
"Okay darlin drop your knees out to the side for me" my beauty therapist drawls and smacks her gum.
"I need fast but gentle Annie, I'm late but I also don't want to look like I need to see the doctor for a shot of antibiotics okay? It's all about first impressions today" I grimace and do as I'm told.
"Ooh someone special caught your eye? Relax, I got this. You sure you want it all off this time?" Annie asks as she's already spreading the hot wax over my delicate areas.
"Yes, all of it. Not one hair left" I nod and pull out my phone to distract me.

I open the message from unknown and look at the picture he sent me, unknown.... I know nothing about this man and yet here I am freaking out about Brazilian waxes and amazing brown eyes, oh god his eyes... so light and rich like a butterscotch fudge or caramels, these amazing eyes that make me forget silly things like knowing his name before agreeing to take it, like I haven't taken care of business for months before begging him to undress me. Like the fact that this time last week Jessie was telling me how she was considering ending her marriage for this sweet man who loved her son. Like the fact that every man I've ever wanted to love always leaves me, that I'm unlovable and plain.
"Jesus fucking Christ!" I gasp as the wax is ripped away along with the unwanted hair on my pussy.
"That's it, keep breathing" Annie laughs, she enjoys her job way too much.
"Why oh why have we not, as a species already evolved without pubic hair? Seriously! Why the fuck do we need it?" I pant through my mouth.
"So I can get paid. The sex better be worth it huh?" She smacks her gum and rips away the wax from the other side.
I whimper and tears come to my eyes but I nod furiously.
"I have no doubt this one is worth it, he's going to rock my world" I say clutching my phone.
"Good for you darlin, between the cheeks?" She asks and I nod again.

Before leaving the mall I stock up on soft sexy underwear I never wear and lotions that promise to leave me shiny and smelling like heaven, vanilla and peonies. I stock up on condoms, various sizes and colours because I have no idea what I'm looking at, what he likes or if he needs regular or extra large. I'm too nervous and excited for this, if he fucks like he kisses I don't even care if we need the regular. He feels better than anything I've ever felt before and he's not even tried to grab more than my ass. A fucking lady... I've never been a lady, but suddenly I want to be one for him. I've never been ashamed to stay the night on a first date, I've never cared if I'm supposed to wait to be kissed, I've never had a man that cared. All of my exes expected everything up front and I gave it to them, none of my exes stayed. I need Cole to stay, forever.

At home I grab a quick shower and slather myself in way too much lotion, I shimmy my ass into a lace thong that I know I will be pulling out of my ass all night and a pair of my body shaping leggings for the gym. They somehow pull every unwanted bulge and put it on my ass but in a flattering way while smoothing my stomach and narrowing my waist, I know it's cheating but I've just not had time for squats lately. I throw on a long sleeve top and a hoodie and carry my Nikes with me down to the kitchen.
Yes, score! Mum has left me a plate from last nights dinner I missed and I tie my shoes as it heats in the microwave. I eat down the quesadilla lightning fast and fill my travel mug with coffee, white, two sugars. I'm gonna need the sugar tonight. I grab my container filled with treats and lock the door behind me.

"I know, I'm late" I sigh flinging open my locker and shoving my things inside.
"Don't apologise to me, I'm not your boss tonight. You'll have to kiss Nicks ass if you don't want to be on bedpan duty all night" Sally laughs and throws me a set of plain blue scrubs.
"I'm going to miss my bunnies tonight" I pout removing my hoodie and sliding the unflattering pyjama pants over my leggings.
"Then next weekend don't leave me short on a Friday night, purple suits you better too just so you know. Have fun with drunks and broken noses, I'm going to read some bedtime stories and snuggle with my kiddos" Sally taunts me and leaves me alone in the change room.
She's a great boss and a bitch. Nick is just a bitch. He likes to make my life hell just for shits and giggles. I pull my hair back in a messy pony and go face the music.