Chapter thirty eight

I watch them talk and tease, I watch them smile and I look at his hand around hers. I stand with two mugs of coffee in my hands and see Cole has moved from the table into the living room with Izzy at his side, they sit with their sides touching and Izzy's knees are bent towards him resting against his legs. They look close not only physically but like lovers, they look relaxed and comfortable touching for the first time since I've met them.
My hands start to shake slightly and my stomach sinks, fuck. He really does love another woman. He told me but I guess I never wanted to believe it.
Arms wrap around my shoulders and a chin rests beside my head, Cooper.
"Yep, been there. You know I used to focus on every little touch, every single point of contact they shared without either of them noticing. They're like magnets these two, Cole doesn't even realise one side of his body is pressed into my wife and Izzy has no awareness that she's practically sitting in my brothers lap. I used to get so jealous I couldn't breathe, I wanted to physically rip them apart and scream to just stop fucking touching each other" Coop says quietly in his deep gravelly voice that does nothing to my hormones.
"I can't breathe" I whisper.
"Look at their faces not their hands, she's smiling. I don't see that enough, Cole can change her mood faster than I can keep up. He makes her happy and vice versa... well she used to and judging by the way he's looking at her I think maybe she can again. I pray to the gods that you will never have to see him like that but after you see Cole down it doesn't seem to matter what brings him back up just as long as he is. He's suffered in this life more than anyone deserves and if my wife can comfort him then so be it, I'm not going to take that away from him. Isabel loves me, I know without a doubt. I know it's more than she feels for him and a whole other kind of love, she's my soulmate and I know her sitting with Cole like that doesn't change a thing. I know Cole loves you, he's crazy in love with you. The way he looks at you... lets just say if he looked at Iz like that I'd remove his eyes pretty quick" he chuckles just a little.
"He hasn't loved us both yet, now he has her back... oh god" I start to panic.
"Elle's he loves you, he loves you differently to Iz and you will always come first. Want me to prove it?" He whispers with something threatening in his tone.
I turn away from Cole to look at his face and it's smug and challenging, I recognise it because it's an expression I wear daily.
"Do not tip that hot coffee over my head" he whispers into my neck as his hands move from my shoulders to my waist. "I just said something really funny by the way, you should probably laugh" he adds cocky because goosebumps cover my skin and my body has twisted towards him the big fat idiot.
I laugh at myself and try to remember as much as they are alike he is not Cole and nothing about him is attractive.
"What are you doing?" I giggle.
"Demonstrating the one sided tolerance of what could be perceived as flirting" Coop smiles at me and his eyes are so green this close up.
"Hey dude! Back the fuck up off my woman" Cole says suddenly beside me and in his brothers face.
"What?! I was asking if she needed a hand carrying the coffee" Coop lets me go and raises his hands innocently and Cole pushes him away from me.
"You don't need to put your naked oversized chest on her to do that, you don't need to put those dirty hands on her body to do that" Cole is pissed and I smile.
"Thanks for the offer Boo Boo but I think he's come to get it himself" I grin and Cooper winks at me.
"What offer? Baby what did he just whisper in your ear?" Cole asks taking a mug and wrapping his other arm around my waist possessively.
"It was nothing really, just if I wanted to give him a little brain since his wife was occupied? I told him as soon as I'm done with my coffee" I shrug and kiss Cole's jaw.
"You're joking right? You have to be kidding me, Coop wouldn't ask that. I don't believe you" Cole shakes his head looking between us.
"Why? I don't have a pretty mouth?" I ask offended and sulking.
"Red.. of course you do, you know you drive me crazy" he sighs frustrated.
"But not good enough for anyone else?" I use a well practiced shake of my bottom lip to feign devastation.
Cole looks at me and turns apologetic and he kisses my forehead reassuring.
"No... I'm sorry I bet he does, Coop tell her you want a blow job" Cole turns to his brother to get him out of this.
Coop looks at me and grins, I hold up my fist smiling and Coop bumps it with a chuckle.
"Good one dude" he tells me and Cole just stares open mouthed.
"You two just fucking played me" he gasps. "You! I will never trust that innocent face again" Cole growls and nuzzles my neck trying not to laugh.
"So I'm not occupied any longer" Iz says kinda pissed from the couch.
"And that is one very pretty mouth" Coop smiles seductively at his wife making her giggle and blush.
She nods at him and jumps from her seat and he chases her down to the basement. Well that leaves me and my man all alone.