Chapter fifty one

I feel nervous as I step into the crowd, glasses tinkling softly as they are filled with champagne and shuffled between hands to eat the platters of hors d'oeuvres being passed around. All my family are here, here to witness the taming of my wild spirit. Like they think a ring on my finger could change my personality. My friends are here, my future colleagues and rivals in the field. Everyone is so sophisticated and dressed up like adults, I miss my crew. Not one person is dressed in jeans and a wife beater, only Jessie's skirt skims the curve of her ass and the grown up music is devoid of bass. I wish Bobby was here. I hate that it has to be like this.
I see Cole and I smile, he holds out his arms across the lawn and I feel the heat of him before I even get close. I feel his excitement and his anticipation.
"There you are, I missed you" Cole's voice soothes my nerves and I nuzzle his neck.
"Sorry, nervous tummy. Dry mouth" I smirk.
"Cold feet?" He asks raising a brow.
"Fuck no. I think almost everyone is here" I rub Cole's biceps over this black suit jacket.
Everyone is wearing black, it was on the invitation.
"The band is late, just once they could be on time" Cole scoffs.
"Is she here? Have you spoken to her?" I swallow the lump in my throat.
"She's here. I love you Ellie" Cole whispers into my ear and kisses my temple long and slow calming me.
"I love you too Boy" I nod and straighten my spine.
"Your mother is staring at us, you told her" Cole chuckles.
"Not a word, we promised" I vow.
"Maybe it's this place, it's so beautiful out here tonight. All the lights, the fire pit and the tiki torches, Blondie knows how to throw a party" Cole sighs.
"It's a little stuffy, it's okay I'll get the party going a little later" I giggle.
"I bet you will. The guys are here, I'll go talk to them. You ready? Go get Jess and I'll see you inside in a little bit" Cole orders with a tap on the ass and I kiss him so hard.
"Now I'm ready" I smile and leave him staring after me.

Jess is dancing with Jaxon in her arms, twirling like a child herself and not caring what our stuck up aunts have to say about it.
"Jessie? God this is embarrassing.... can you come look at something for me? It's really gross" I say to get her interested.
"Now? Yeah sure. Hey monkey man, go get daddy okay?" Jess puts Jaxon on his feet and his clumsy little legs run at Brent standing with my father.
Oh fuck daddy don't kill me for this.
"In my room, its kinda private" I pull on her hand and we slip through the open gate.
"Slow down bitch, no one warned me I would be standing on grass all night. My stilettos are sinking" Jess laughs.
My heart is beating a hundred and six beats a minute and I can't breathe when I close us in my room.
"So what's so gross?" Jess asks when I just stare at her.
I take a red dress from the closet and hold it up, it's long and fitted with a loose skirt and will look killer on her sculpted curves.
"What do you think?" I ask.
"I think it's disgusting, give it to me. You really don't want it" Jess drools.
"Try it on" I whisper.
"What now? We're supposed to be at your party" Jess frowns but holds it to her body like she's dancing with it.
"Not my party, my wedding. Jessie, will you be my maid of honour?" I squeak and Jessica's jaw hits the floor.
"What, what, what, what?! Uh fuck yes!" Jess jumps hugging me.
"Nobody knows, holy fuck I'm so nervous" I cry.
"And you're wearing that?" Jess grimaces.
"No I'm wearing this" I smile and retrieve the hidden dress bag from the back of my closet.
I open it and delicately remove the white lace dress like it's a bomb ready to explode.
"Wow! Damn bitch" she smacks my arm. "You're really doing this now?"
"Yep. Cole and I, we're not really one for being the centre of attention. We don't want the big fuss, family is here and that's all we need. There's photographers in the crowd and the celebrant has everything ready to go" I start to strip out of my sultry black dress and stand in my white lace panties and lace top pantyhose.
I remove my bra because with my backless dress I just can't wear one.
"Maybe some help? I gotta say so far you are terrible at being a maid of honour" I grumble at her staring.
"Fuck! Sorry" Jess drops her dress on the bed and lifts up my dress and I raise my arms.
The hem sits just above my knee and drops lower at the back, the sweetheart neckline showing just a little cleavage and the dip of the back cuts down in a V. I clasp the deep red belt around my waist and slip on the matching red stilettos. I pass the flower crown filled with red roses to Jess to place on my head and I stare in the mirror as she changes into her dress, I already knew it would fit but she looks amazing.
"That'll work" I smile at her.
"For what?" She pushes me aside to get a glimpse in the mirror.
"Sorry Jess, I've used you as bait. Your red dress amongst all that black will get people turning around. I'm not sure my white dress is enough to compete with how amazing you look though" I worry.
"Elle Bell, you are breathtaking. So beautiful, Cole is going to have wood the entire time you say your vows"
"Oh god I hope so, I love love love him so much Jessie" I think I'm going to cry.
"I know you do babe, Cole is special. He's every girls naughty fantasy, he's rough and dirty and sweet and gentle. And he wants you. Fat ass and all, god knows why? I swear to god you and me are hitting the gym come Monday" Jess so delicately points out my expanding waistline as much as I try to fight it.
I can't even remember the last chocolate bar I ate, oh wait yes I do... four hours ago while I was getting my nails done.
"Deal" I nod embarrassed for myself.
"So no honeymoon?" Jess asks fixing her hair.
"Maybe, we don't know yet. I don't think time off will be a problem for Cole but I'm still on nursing duties till my internship starts next month.
A knock on the door has me whimpering and I rush to open it a crack.
"Oh my God Boo, tell me this is good enough?!" I beg and pull him through the door.
"Oh sweetheart!" Cooper hugs me tight lifting me off my feet. "Fucking hell I love you, you are perfect" he laughs.
"Sorry dude, in a few minutes I'll share your name but you are the wrong brother to turn me on" I tease him smoothing out the red shirt under his black suit and take a red rose from my dresser to pin to his jacket.
"Finally those words aren't said to me" Cole chuckles and my head snaps to the open door.
"Wow" I blurt.
"That's my line" Cole grins and meets me halfway.
"You look so good" I moan into his neck. His white suit was a bold move but the white shirt left open at the neck is so sexy. "Nice boots" I whisper and Cole kisses me.
"Nice everything, marry me Ellie Keyes" Cole begs.
"Always yes" I nod and he spins me on his finger to get a good look.
"So fucking perfect" Cole says roughly and I wipe the tear in his eye.
"It's just a little dress, you'll be fine in a minute" I smile so hard.
I pin a rose to my mans jacket and take a deep breath.
"Ready?" I breathe.
Cole takes my hand and laces our fingers together, his is so familiar and warm.
"You jump, I jump" he smiles totally bad boy sexy that my stomach drops out.
"One" I smile.
"Three" he leads me out the door and the other two follow.