Chapter twelve

I pace the room watching Juni curl into a ball on the bed, she's so small, smaller than she used to be. I know she's ready for her next hit, I can tell by the twitch of her eye, the stomach cramps and the beading of sweat on her upper lip. Soon she will be screaming for the kit I dumped outside in the trash.
"The phone is tracking her" Coop tells me as he emerges in clean dry clothes.
"I figured it would" I say starting to lose it.
"You really want to get her out of here?" He asks holding my shoulders and looking me in the eye.
"Look" I tell him and show him a photo of her and Luke the weekend before I left.
We are at Riley's and and Juni sits on Luke's lap, she is laughing and he's holding up her hand showing off the plain ring with a small diamond he stole three cars to buy for her.
"That's her?" Coop gasps looking back at her.
"Drugs were not her thing, in a town like ours it's rare to find a girl who wasn't interested. She had never even tried a fucking joint, never got so much as three beers under her belt. I can't leave her here, with help I know she won't want this" I say frustrated. "It's my fault Luke got mixed up with them in the first place, my mother she found the kilo I was supposed to sell. She stole it, I owed big time and I should have known I couldn't take something like that into the house. I told them I was mugged and had to work it off, I recruited Luke's help" I look at the poor girl now paying the price.
"Okay man, then we should leave. We've been here too long already, I had to drive the only Ferrari of its kind in the country to a fucking kidnapping didn't I? It's gotten a lot of attention outside I'm sure" Coop starts picking up anything that belongs to us.
"We all can't drive across the country, I can't take her home" I shake my head not wanting Izzy to have any part of this.
"We don't have to, we only need to take her as far as the jet. Iz has taken care of the rest" he doesn't stop.
"You called her?" I frown.
"Yes brother, I called my wife to explain why I'm holed up with a hooker passed out on the bed. I'd call again and beg her to forgive me for getting in the Fucking shower with her but it wasn't exactly planned any now my fucking phone is as useless as grovelling would be" Coop rants and runs his hand through his hair.
"You did nothing wrong, you haven't betrayed your wife. If you don't want to tell her I'll take it to the grave, I told you to leave without me. I didn't want you involved in this" I think I'm going to hyperventilate.
"Izzy and I don't do secrets, I will face her like a man and confess to touching a naked woman's body. My girl will lose it when she finds out I showered her, Iz loves me washing her hair. We wrote our fucking vows while in the shower, it's our thing you know... making love in the shower. Now I have to tell her I negotiated DP'ing a crack head hoe while soaping up her body in a fucking mouldy bathroom" he bites his lip to stop the flow of words before he breaks down.
"I'm sorry you negotiated what?" I stifle a laugh.
"Uh.. DP?" He blushes.
"Really? I didn't think that would be your thing man" I smirk at his embarrassment.
"I'm very good at it, do you have lube?" Juni mumbles listening to our conversation.
"Oh god" Coop groans.
"Man you do know what that is right?" I ask standing right in front of him.
"Not exactly no" he flushes.
I cup his neck getting in his personal space and nod my head to the small space between us.
"Double... penetration" I wink. "Two men, two holes, one woman" I whisper.
"Fucking hell" he groans and shoves me away.
"Take my advice, leave that detail out of your confession"
"So who wants the back and who wants the front?" Juni asks trying to undress herself.
"Just stop" Cooper takes hold of her hands. "No one wants anything, if my brother and I ever share a woman's body it won't be yours" he says softly and she touches his jaw.
"You have kind eyes, I like you" she smiles shyly and I see a glimpse of the Juniper I know.
If? I think to myself, he still thinks about sharing Isabel with me? Like in Spain?
"Let's get the fuck out of here" I grumble not wanting to overthink that.

"Where is she going?" I ask as I fasten Juni's seatbelt on the jet.
"I don't know, Iz said she would hide her in a rehab centre. I'm sure she will be fine" Coop assures me.
"What's going on?" Scared eyes look up at me and I kiss her forehead.
"You need help honey, you're going somewhere far away from the people who did this to you. Just relax and sleep okay? No more drugs and no more sex, the doctors are going to help you get clean. I know you can do it, do it for Luke. I'm going to keep in touch this time I promise"
"I'm not allowed to leave" she shakes her head.
"Wrong Juni, you are allowed to leave. You're just not allowed to go back, that's not your home anymore. I'm going to look after you" I say seriously.
She rolls over in her big leather seat and closes her eyes, I turn to Coop. He looks like he's ready to puke and I grasp his shoulder.
"Thank you" I tell him and he nods.