The one with the soccer game

^^song for the chapter, I highly request listening to it while reading (it's called Moment I Knew)

-October 13, 2012-

I rushed to grab everything I needed for my game while trying to throw on my uniform. I grabbed my shin guards while trying to put on my jersey. I threw everything into my bag as I stuffed an apple into my mouth. I grabbed my cleats and ran out the door to my car. I threw everything into my car and drove to Gaelic Park.

I jump out of my car and jog to where the fields are. I get there and see some of the team on the field warming up. Thank god I'm not the last one here. I put my stuff on the bench and take off my slides. I put on all of my gear before grabbing a ball and running out onto the field to meet some of my teammates.

Once all of both teams were here, we all gathered in the center of the field. I looked through the stands for Taylor but there was no sign of her. I made eye contact with Toby and mouthed 'where's Taylor' to him and he shrugged his shoulders. 'I'll call her' he mouthed to me when he saw the stressed look on my face. I smiled at him before turning my attention back to my coach who was giving us a little pep talk.

We got in our positions, me in the position of left forward. The other team had won the coin toss so they got the ball first.

The ref blew the whistle and the ball was in play. I made a run out to the left side, letting the defenders and midfielders defend and try to steal the ball, and when one finally did, she passed it to Macy, the other forward. She then passed a ball to me through the line of defenders as I ran towards the goal. I dribbled the ball down towards the goal. One of the other team's defenders blocked my way so I kicked it between her legs and got the ball on the other side.

I heard everyone cheer as I continued to dribble towards the goal. I passed the ball back to Macy before taking off at a run towards the back post. She passed the ball back to me and I kicked it at the goal, it finally hitting the top corner of the net while everyone stood and cheered.

My teammates all came towards me for a high five or something as we retreated back.

I looked back at Toby for any sign of Taylor and he shook his head at me. I sighed before turning my attention back to my game.

I scored one more goal and there was still no sign of Taylor at halftime. I ran to my bag and pulled out my phone from the side pocket. I clicked on her speed dial number and it went to voicemail after ringing out.

"Hey Taylor it's Kaitlyn, I'm just wondering where you are. My game's halfway over and you said you'd be here, text me," I left her a voicemail.

I called a bunch more times and left her more and more voicemails, getting more frustrated every time. By the time halftime was over, I had called her almost thirty times and I left just as many voicemails. I was called on the field again and we got to start with the ball. We were leading 2-0 and we had finally realized that the other team was really bad.

My teammate Emma dribbled the ball partway down the field before passing it to Macy who took it farther down the large field. Macy then passed the ball to Mia who dribbled a little way before passing across the field to me. I dribbled towards the goal and faked a shot so that the goalie dove for the ball while actually passing the ball to Macy who scored on the open goal. We all cheered as I ran past Macy, high giving her in the process.

By the time the game was over, Macy and I had each scored two goals and Emma had scored one. We shook hands with the other team that was from Buffalo State before heading back to our benches. I checked my phone and saw no missed calls or texts or any indication that Taylor was even alive. I googled where she was right now and something recent came up where she was with Connor but it turns out that was from earlier this week. I threw my phone back in my bag as some of my teammates came over to me.