The one with the New Year's Eve party

-December 31, 2011-

Tonight was Taylor's annual New Years party and I was not looking forward to it for a change. I haven't gotten to do anything since we got back from Orlando two days ago and I have run out of shows to watch on Netflix. I just want to go play soccer.

"Taylor, do you need any help?" I yelled to Taylor, who was in the kitchen baking.

"No, stay seated Kait!" She yelled back.

"I want to help," I told her.

"Okay, can you make some decorations?" She asked, coming into the family room where I was sitting on the couch.

"Yeah," I said.

"Okay, I need you to cut some streamers, put together some stuff I got from target, and make some signs for food, drinks, and bathroom," Taylor told me, listing things off from her to-do list.

"Okay, can you give me the bags from target?" I asked.

"Yeah, here," she said handing me the bags and a pair of scissors.

I cut a bunch of streamers in gold, red, navy blue, and white which were the color theme for the party. I then twirled them around each other and taped the bottoms to make a cool looking design with them. I handed them to Taylor who hung them up in the doorways with balloons at the top. Next, I dumped out all of the little things that Taylor bought and separated them. We had hats and headband things and blowers and so much more stuff. I got together a bunch of stuff for the Photo Booth and set it out on a table next to the booth. I organized everything nicely. I stacked the hats and lined up the headbands. Taylor and I put all of the noisemakers in a box to save them for later in the night. I pulled out my drawing stuff and some paper to make the signs. I first sketched the words on the papers along with arrows pointing to where the items were. I then colored the words and arrows in with different colored pencils. I outlined everything in marker before lastly, backing the white paper with a piece of colored paper that matched the words.

"Ooh, artsy, I love it," Taylor said, looking over my shoulder.

"Thanks," I said.

"Can you help me with this?" She asked, holding out an unmade banner.

"Yeah," I laughed.

"I can't get the words on the right way," she said, frustration evident in her voice.

"You have to put them on backwards," I said, taking the letters out of her hands.

I put the gold letters in stacks by which word they belonged to. We then strung the rope through the letters and put a star in between the words 'new' and 'years' before Taylor hung up the sign above the entryway.

Taylor pulled the cookies out of the oven and after letting them cool, we frosted them. We decorated them with all different things. Some were decorated with numbers, either 2012 or countdowns. We also frosted the words Happy New Year onto some of the cookies. As more baked goods came out of our ovens, we started frosting more and more. Selena came over and helped us frost everything. I frosted the cupcakes while Selena and Taylor frosted the cookies. We finished frosting around 2:30 and we decided that it was time for lunch. We ordered some pizza and waited in the living room for it to come. I was scrolling through my twitter feed and I saw Taylor had tweeted something about tonight's party.

@taylorswift13: So excited for New Years tonight!

@kaitlynswift7: @taylorswift13 I don't know what Meredith just ate but I'm worried.

@taylorswift13: @kaitlynswift7 Where is she?

@selenagomez: @kaitlynswift7 @taylorswift13 I think she just ran up the stairs