The one with Glee!

-May 21, 2012-

My alarm woke me up at 7 am today and I rolled over and tried to smack my phone so it stopped ringing. My phone wasn't there. Oh right, I put it on the other side of the room. I'm so smart; it's so annoying. You see, I put it on the other side of the room so that I would be forced to get out of bed to turn the alarm off. I got out of bed and turned my alarm off before going into the bathroom. I took a quick shower before drying my hair and wrapping myself in a towel. I walked into my closet and thought about what to wear. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt with a red and black flannel over the top. I cuffed my jeans to my ankle and put on my white converse. I left my hair and makeup as is since they would do it on set and grabbed my sunglasses before leaving my room. I walked into the kitchen and started making some waffles in the toaster for me and Melissa.

"Good morning Kait," Melissa said, walking into the kitchen.

"Good morning Liss," I repeated. "Good morning to you too Milli," I said as the small dog started bouncing around at my feet.

"She's probably hungry," Melissa said, picking the dog up. She filled the dogs' bowls while I finished making breakfast. We sat at the counter and ate quickly before leaving for the set. Melissa brought both of the dogs since we were going to be there for a while. When we got to the set, some guy led us to our shared trailer and we settled inside.

"Miss Benoist and Miss Swift, they are ready for you at hair and makeup," the guy told us.

"Okay, thanks Mr... ?" Melissa said, intending to learn his name.

"Oh, I'm Ryan, I'm kind of like your assistant on set," he smiled.

"Ok, well thanks Ryan, and you can just call us Melissa and Kaitlyn," I smiled back.

"Will do," he said.

We made our way to hair and makeup and walked into the trailer. Heather and Jenna were getting their hair and makeup done before us and they weren't finished yet. We waited on the couches and talked to them while they finished.

"So, are you guys excited for the first day on set?" Jenna asked.

I took a deep breath before answering, "Yeah."

"Nervous?" Heather questioned.

"Yes." Melissa and I both said definitely.

"You'll be great, don't be nervous," they told us.

"Do you know all of your lines?" Heather asked.

"Yeah," we both said. We had been practicing together for the past few days and we both know our lines forwards and backwards.

"Then you'll be fine," she said.

"Thanks," we said to the other girls as they walked out of the trailer.

After hair and makeup, we had to go to costumes and get into our costumes. Melissa put on a flowered skirt with a green top and a grey Newsies style hat. I had to put on dark wash jeans and a purple and white striped sweater that had a dear's head on it with the antlers sparkling out. We then took a golf cart ride to the stage and we walked inside. We found our chairs which were right by Jacob's.

"Hey," Jacob said when he saw us coming.

"Hey," Melissa and I said at the same time.

"You nervous?" I asked.

"Oh yeah," he said.

"Us too," Melissa said.

"Melissa and Kaitlyn," the director, Ryan Murphy, called us over.