The one with the performance

-April 10, 2013-

Kaitlyn's POV

I'm so nervous. Tonight was the first concert where I'd be singing with Taylor. We're singing Today Was A Fairytale on the b stage.

"How's it going in here?" Taylor asked, coming into my part of our shared hotel room.

"Good," I said, finishing up the last bit of my makeup.

"Alright, well, let's go," Taylor said, fixing her hair in the mirror, "everyone's already downstairs."

"Okay," I said, lacing up my white converse.

We left our hotel room and walked down the hall to the elevators which then took us down to the lobby. We walked over to where everyone was waiting and they all turned to look at us.

"Hey, sorry we're late," Taylor said.

"You're good Tay," Caitlin said, laughing.

We walked to the diner across the street. We walked in and immediately, the scent of milkshakes and french fries wafted into our noses. We sat down at a booth by the window and quickly ordered our food.

When we finished, Taylor secretly paid the bill and we all headed back to the hotel. Taylor and I walked back up to our room and started getting ready to leave for the concert.

"How are you feeling, Kait?" Taylor asked me.

"Nervous, excited, scared," I replied.

"Don't worry, you'll do great," Taylor said, slinging her arms over my shoulders from behind me.

"What if I suck?" I asked.

"Shut up," Taylor said, smacking my arm. "You have an amazing voice and the fans said that they wanted you to sing."

"Yeah, you're right," I sighed. "I'm just siking myself out."

"It's just like filming for Glee," Taylor said.

"Except in front of like ten thousand people," I argued.

"Just don't think about them," she told me.

"I can't help it," I said. "I'm so scared. I can't believe I let you talk me into this."

"Come on, we got to leave," Taylor said, walking towards the door.

"Okay," I said, taking a deep breath.

We walked down to the lobby where Mom, Ed, and the band was waiting.

"Are you excited, Kait?" Ed asked me.

"Nervous," I replied.

"Don't worry, you'll do great," Ed told me.

"That's exactly what I said," Taylor told the ginger-haired man.

>>>>> Flash Forward to the concert >>>>>

"Now, I have a very special guest tonight," Taylor said. "She has never performed live on stage like this before so you got to be really loud for her because she's kind of nervous. I asked you guys before the tour started if you thought her voice was good, do you remember that?"

The crowd cheered as they realized who would be singing tonight.

"And you guys sent in so many nice comments that she agreed to sing with me tonight. So, I think if you guys get really loud, she'll be brave enough come out here," Taylor said as the crowd started screaming.

I took that as my cue to walk onto the stage. Smiling, I waved to the crowds as they somehow got impossibly louder.

"Hey, guys," I said, sitting on a stool next to Taylor with a guitar on my lap.