The one with, not 'goodbye,' but 'see you later'

-May 6, 2013-

Kaitlyn's POV

I woke up today curled up in Austin's arms on the couch. We had fallen asleep last night watching movies with Taylor and Ed. There was a blanket over us and Austin's arm was draped around me while his head was resting on mine. I reached up and kissed his jaw lightly and his eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning beautiful," he said in his adorable raspy voice.

"Morning babe," I smiled at his voice.

He lifted his arm and I sat up. He rubbed his eyes and I stretched while yawning.

"Finally, the lovebirds are awake," Taylor said, walking out of the bedroom.

"Morning," I said through my yawn.

"We're going out to lunch in an hour so hurry up and get ready," Taylor said.

"Where? And with who?" I asked.

"The Chrome Bar and Grill, it's right next door and with Ed, Mom, and the band," Taylor said. "Now get up and go shower." She shooed me off the couch.

"I'll come back when I'm ready," Austin said to me.

"Okay," I said, leaning over the couch and giving him a quick kiss before going into the bathroom to shower.

I quickly brush my teeth before stripping and stepping into a warm shower. I washed my hair and body before stepping out and wrapping a towel around myself. I walked into the bedroom and over to my suitcase. I grabbed some underwear along with a pair of ripped jeans and a white cami. I slipped into the skinny jeans, cuffed them a little, and threw on the white cami before tying my hair into the towel on the top of my head. I went back into the bathroom and blow dried my hair. I straightened my hair before pulling the front pieces back and pinning them at the back of my head. I grabbed my makeup bag from across the counter and laid it out in front of me. I pulled out my Mac strobe cream and put it on as a base for the rest of my makeup. I applied some powder and bronzer before moving on to my eyes.I put on some neutral eye shadow before adding some sparkle on top of it. I did some bold lined eyeliner before putting on my mascara. I topped it all off with some red lipstick and some studded earrings. I buttoned my light blue overshirt before slipping into some tan booties. I put on the necklace that Austin got me yesterday before grabbing my wristlet and phone and walking out into the living room area. Austin was sitting facing me, across from Taylor and they were talking. When I walked in, Austin looked up at me and fell silent.

"What?" I said, suddenly worried about my appearance that I was oh-so confident in before.

"Y-you look- wow," was all Austin could manage before walking over to me. "And she's all mine," he whispered, leaning his forehead against mine.

I smiled before giving him a quick kiss on the lips. He smiled as I pulled away and he grabbed my hand.

"Alright, alright, let's go before the next show rolls around," Taylor said, shooing us out the door.

We walked out and met Ed and our mom by the elevators.

"Mom," I smiled, pulling her into a hug.

"Hey sweetie," she smiled. "Hi Austin."

"Hi Mrs. Swift," he said, shifting his weight to his heels.

"Call me Andrea," she said, pulling him in to a hug.

He gave me a funny look over her shoulder and Taylor and I laughed at his expressions as he awkwardly hugged my mom.

We got into the elevator and Austin and I stood close to each other while leaning against the railing. Mom, Taylor, and Ed were discussing something about some other thing and I pretended to listen while nodding along.