The one with the happiness

-May 21, 2013-

Kaitlyn's POV

I woke up in another hotel bed after another night of crying myself to sleep. At this point I had ran out of tears for missing Austin and I usually just laid there silently and dryly 'crying.' I know it's pathetic to do this, but honestly I just can't help myself. I've never been one to spend a long time crying over a boy, mostly because my sister teaches me that boys are stupid, but this is different, I'm not hurt I'm sad.

Well anyway, Austin comes back in a few days. I'm really excited but these days are just dragging out.

"Kaitlyn!" Taylor yelled, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"What!" I yelled back groggily.

"Get up! We're going out to breakfast!" Taylor yelled.

"I don't want to, just bring me back something!" I told her.

"No, I have a surprise for you so get your butt out of bed and get dressed in something cute!" She told me.

"What's the surprise?" I asked, jumping out of bed and walking to the open door.

"I can't tell you, that would ruin the surprise," Taylor smiled, bopping me on the nose.

I gave her a mad face and she just laughed. "Go get ready."

I walked to my suitcase which was neatly open in the corner of the room. I picked out a floral patterned skirt and a matching maroon long sleeved shirt. I jumped into the shower and quickly washed off before changing into the outfit. I slightly curled my hair before putting on my makeup and grabbing some sunglasses and a tan purse. I put on some navy blue Keds before meeting Taylor at the door.

"Ooh, you look cute," she smiled.

"Well you did tell me to put on something cute," I laughed.

"Shut up and let's go," Taylor laughed, pushing me out the door in front of her. We walked to the elevator where we met up with Ed and mom. We walked to the lobby where Taylor's guards were waiting and they escorted us to a car that was waiting outside. We jumped in and drove the the breakfast restaurant. We exited the car and walked into the restaurant and to the hostess stand.

"I believe your party is already partly here," the hostess said, pointing to the side of the restaurant. My head followed her finger and I had to look twice at what I saw, or rather who.

"Austin!" I yelled, dropping my purse and running to him. He stood up and smiled as I jumped into his arms. He snaked his arms around my waist and lifted me.

"I missed you so much Kait," he smiled, looking into my eyes.

"I missed you more," I said before crashing my lips to his. We separated and smiled at each other as we hadn't gotten a chance to do that in nearly three weeks.

"What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here for another few days," I asked him.

"As I told you I would, I worked hard and finished early and got on the first plane here. I told Taylor and she agreed to surprise you, so are you surprised?" He explained.

"You two," I said happily, shaking my head at my sister and boyfriend.

"Let's eat," Ed said, sitting down at the table.

Taylor sat next to Ed and me next to Austin with mom at the head of the table.

The whole time from when we sat down, Austin never let go of my hand, not that I would've let him. We drove back to the hotel and hung out in the lobby until it was time for the show. We went to our individual rooms to prepare for the show tonight. I threw on a pair of skinny jeans and my Red tour staff shirt. I gathered all of my camera stuff before we all drove to the concert venue. I walked into Taylor's dressing room as she was getting ready for the early meet and greet session.

"Taylor, do I have to take pictures during this meet and greet?" I asked.

"Well, considering that it's your job, probably yes," she said, applying her mascara.

"Damn, when'd you turn into such a smartass?" I said, sarcastically.

"Sorry, my mind's somewhere else," she said, putting the mascara stick down and turning to face me.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing, it's fine," she said, putting on a fake smile.

"Taylor, come on," I said, sitting on the counter in front of her.

"You and Austin are so lucky," she said, half smiling.

"Taylor, you'll find someone. I know it. I can see your future," I told her.

"Oh yeah, what do you see?" She asked disbelievingly.

"I see your relationship having its ups and downs and you'll cry, but I'll hold you because that's just what sisters do. You'll have breakups and get-back-togethers and eventually he'll propose, maybe on the beach at sunset and he'll sing you a song that he wrote especially for you and you'll scream 'yes' and you'll hug and kiss him. Then you'll get married and wear a beautiful white dress and he'll smile at you as you walk down the aisle. Then you'll have kids, and you'll have a big house with a pool. You'll embarrass your kids for fun and you'll hold them when they're scared or sad or if they just need someone to hold them. And you-"

"Kaitlyn," Taylor said, pulling me back to reality.

"Huh?" I said.

"What was that?" She asked.

"Sorry, I- uh- I've been left alone with my thoughts a lot lately and I've been thinking about the future you know? And what it may hold," I said.

"With Austin?" She asked.

"Yeah, I used to picture my future and the guy always had just a black void as a face, but lately I've seen Austin in that position," I smiled.

"That's amazing Kaitlyn," Taylor smiled.

"But we're not talking about me; we're talking about you," I said. "What's going on?"

"I'm lonely," she sighed.

"What do you mean you're lonely, I never leave you alone," I joked, making her chuckle.

"True," she laughed.

"Don't be lonely, I like you better when you're single; you're a lot more badass," I smiled.

"Stop with the swearing child," she said, playfully pushing my shoulder back.

"Knock, knock," Austin knocked on the door before walking into the dressing room.

"Hey," I said, smiling at him.

"Can I borrow you for a second?" He asked.

I looked at Taylor and she nodded.

We walked down the hallway and into Austin's dressing room.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I heard what you said in there, to Taylor," he said.

"Oh," I looked down, embarrassed.

"Hey, I loved it," he said, lifting my chin up.

"Really?" I said in disbelief.

"Yeah, Kaitlyn I want to grow old with you," Austin smiled.

"Really?" I smiled, tears in my eyes.

"Really," he nodded.

"I love you Austin," I grinned, kissing him.

"I love you more than you know Kaitlyn," he grinned.

Hey guys, so I'm in this contest for school and I need as many votes as I can get so please click this link and vote for me and if you can spread the word about it too! Thanks!
https://yepitchchallenge.skild.com/skild2/yepitchchallenge/viewEntryDetail.action?pid=133792