The one with Melissa Benoist

-April 25, 2012-

"It's been three days, Taylor! If they haven't called yet they aren't going too. I just have to face it I didn't get the part," I told Taylor as I got ready for class.

"That's not true Kaitlyn! They will call soon!" Taylor told me.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"One hundred percent," she told me.

"Ok," I breathed.

"Now hurry up you're going to be late for class," Taylor told me.

"Ok, I'm ready and leaving bye!" I said, leaving the apartment.

I walked to my car and turned on some music as I drove to school. I got there right on time for my photography class and I got a seat in the back.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was on my way home from class when I got a phone call from an unknown number. I turned the music off and answered he phone I the handsfree mode of my car.

"Hello, Kaitlyn Swift speaking. How may I help you?" I asked.

"Hello Kaitlyn, this is the casting crew of Glee," they said. My breath hitched. "We have called to congratulate you on the part of Lexi Rose." I smiled so big.

"Thank you so much!" I said.

"Filming begins May 21 in Los Angeles, California at the Paramount Studios. Your scripts will be mailed to your current home in New York. Welcome to the Glee cast!" They told me.

"Thank you so much, if I can ask, who else was cast?" I asked, hoping Melissa got the part.

"You have been cast along with Melissa Benoist for Marley, Becca Tobin for Kitty, Blake Jenner for Ryder, and Jacob Artist for Jake," they replied.

"Ok thank you," I said.

"Congratulations, have a nice day," they said.

"Thank you and you too," I said, hanging up the phone.

I speed dialed Taylor's number and put her on speaker.

"Kaitlyn? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Chill Tay I'm fine."

"Ok then why did you call?"

"I got a call from casting," I said sadly.

"Oh well that's ok, there's other stuff out there," she said, sensing the tone in my voice, which was of course fake.

"I'm sure there is... but it doesn't matter because I got the part!" I told her.

"What! Oh my god that's amazing, I'm so proud of you!" Taylor gushed.

"Ok, I'm pulling into the apartment complex now, I'll see you in a few minutes," I told her.

"Ok seeya soon," she said as we hung up. I got a call from Melissa and put my phone to my ear as I grabbed my backpack and got out of the car.

"Hey, did you get the call?" Melissa asked as soon as I answered.

"Yeah! Oh my gosh I'm so excited!" I said.

"I was thinking, what if we get an apartment together in LA to use while we are filming?" Melissa suggested.

"Um well I was just going to use Taylor's LA apartment," I started.

"Oh," she sighed.

"But we have an extra room and I'm sure she would let you use it!" I told her.