The one with the uncontrollable crying

-August 24, 2013; Los Angeles, California-

Kaitlyn's POV

"And then he tried to come after me, but I left," I said, finishing the story.

"Oh my god, Kait, that's awful I'm so sorry," Melissa said, rubbing my arm comfortingly.

We were currently sitting on her couch in her apartment as I told her the long story of what happened between Austin and me.

"I can't believe he had the nerve to come back after what he did to you," Melissa said disgustedly.

"Yeah," I sighed, wiping my tears.

"Now what?" Melissa asked, giving me a sympathetic smile.

"Well, he only opens at one more show so I'm hoping that I can just get through that and never see him again after," I said.

"When is he coming back?" Melissa asked.

"September 6," I replied.

"Do you want me to be there?" Melissa offered.

"No, it's okay," I said, shaking my head. "It's in North Dakota so there's really no good reason to go. I'll have my family there but I really appreciate the offer."

"Of course, Kait, you know you're like a little sister to me and anyone who hurts you is automatically a terrible person in my book," Melissa smiled, making a tough face.

"Thanks, Liss," I laughed, giving her a hug.

"Okay, enough sad stuff, we should go do something," Melissa said.

"Like go to work?" I laughed, knowing that we had to leave now or we'd be late.

"Ugh, I suppose," Melissa groaned jokingly.

"Come on, I'll drive," I said, standing up.

We walked out to where my car was parked in the apartment building's garage. Melissa and I got into the car and I plugged in my phone to the aux cord.

"What should we listen to?" I asked Melissa, looking through my many Spotify playlists.

"I don't care," Melissa shrugged.

"Here, you pick," I said, handing my phone to Melissa and starting the car.

I pulled out of the driveway as Melissa picked a song.

Friday night beneath the stars, in a field behind your yard, you and I are painting pictures in the sky, and sometimes we don't say a thing, just listen to the crickets sing, everything I need is right here by my side, and I know everything about you, I don't wanna live without you

I grinned at Melissa as she played the song.

I'm only up when you're not down, don't wanna fly if you're still on the ground, it's like no matter what I do, well you drive me crazy half the time, the other half I'm only trying to let you know that what I feel is true, that I'm only me when I'm with you

We sang along to the song and danced in the car to multiple of Taylor's songs until we pulled into Paramount studios' parking lot. We got out of the car and walked to our shared trailer.

The first thing my eyes caught sight of in the trailer was a picture of Austin and I kissing at the baseball game that was framed in an artsy wooden frame. I bit the inside of my cheek and blinked away tears as I turned the picture frame over so that the picture was faced down. I sat down on the couch and buried my face in my hands as tears ran down my face.

"Kaitlyn?" Someone said, walking into my trailer.

I wiped my eyes, looking up to see who it was.