The one where they get ice cream

Sorry guys I forgot to update yesterday because I had a really busy day! Hope you enjoy!

-May 3, 2013; 7:35 pm-

Dinner was fun, Austin and I sat next to each other but Taylor was on the other side of me so nothing could really happen. Stupid overprotective sister. Once everyone finished arguing about who got to pay and Taylor just did it, we got up to leave.

"Ice cream time?" Austin asked, sneaking a spot walking next to me.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Cool," he smiled back.

"Hey Taylor, Austin and I were going to go grab some ice cream," I told her.

"Sounds good, Ed and I will come with you," she said.

"Are you sure?" I said.

"Yeah, ice cream sounds really good right now, right Ed?" She said.

"Oh yeah!" He cheered.

"Perfect," I said, annoyance evident on my face.

"But I mean- we don't want to intrude on your date-"

"I-It's not a date," I stuttered to Taylor. I watched as Austin's face fell faster than a brick from a plane. Did that mean he wanted it to be a date? Or did I just imagine that?

"Perfect than we will join you," she said, smiling. She and Ed walked in between Austin and me. I tried to walk around them and stand next to Austin, but Taylor and Ed kept blocking my way. When we got to the ice cream store, I ordered a chocolate scoop and was about to pay when Austin stepped in front of me.

"Let me get it," he said, pulling out his wallet.

"No way, I'm not letting you pay for my ice cream," I laughed.

"My treat," he smiled.

"Fine, but only this one time," I gave in.

"Ha!" He scoffed. Once he had paid we walked to a table for two hoping that Ed and Taylor might leave us alone now.

"Finally some alone time," he sighed.

"Yeah, sorry about them," I said, looking at Taylor and Ed.

"It's not your fault," he assured me.

Taylor and Ed started walking our way and I looked at Taylor with pleading eyes not to sit with us. She ignored me and they proceeded to pull up two chairs and sit with us. I sighed and ate my ice cream in silence while Ed and Taylor talked the night away. We walked back to the hotel in silence and I hated every minute of it. When we got to the floor that our rooms were on, I told Taylor and Ed to go and we would catch up to them, but of course they insisted on waiting.

"Well tonight was..." Austin trailed off, probably not knowing what to say.

"Awful," I laughed.

"Yeah," he laughed as well.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"It's not your fault," he said.

"At least we got to spend some time together," he said.

"Yeah," I smiled. "Well even though our night was intruded on, I had fun with you Austin," I said.

"I had fun with you too Kaitlyn," Austin said. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you," I said. I reached onto my tiptoes and kissed his cheek lightly. "Bye."

"Bye," he whispered back.

I brushed past Taylor and Ed, who both looked stunned and walked ahead of them to our room with a smile and a blush on my face the whole way. I opened the door and held it open for Taylor and Ed who was going to hang it for a little bit. I needed to talk with them anyway. They sat on the couch and my smile faded as I angrily paced in front of them.

"What the hell was that!" I exploded on them.

"What?" Ed said, looking stunned, probably from my harsh language. Well they deserved it.

"The whole tagging along on our ice cream night!" I said.

"We just wanted some ice cream," Taylor said innocently.

"Oh cut the crap Taylor!" I said loudly. "You did this when I was in high school and again now? It wasn't even a date, but it could have been if you have just frickin backed off! But no, you always had to be there. Let me live my life Taylor! I want to experience boys on my own! I'm not you stop acting like I am!" I yelled at her.

"I'm sorry that I care about you Kaitlyn! I don't want you to go through all of the heartbreak and pain that I did! Austin lives in LA, Kait! I can't even begin to explain to you how hard long- distance relationships are! The worst thing is though it always ends in heartbreak! But you know what, by all means, go ahead get your heart broken. Just don't come crying to me when you want it put back together!" She yelled back at me, standing from the couch.

"I don't want you to protect me from this! I want to experience it like you did! And Austin is an amazing guy, but how would I know because we never get to spend any alone time together because you are too freakin' nosy for me to get to know him!" I yelled.

"I'm sorry I ever cared about you! But you know what, I'm done caring," Taylor yelled. I felt tears brimming my eyes.

"Good!" I yelled.

"Ugh you're so irritating! Life would be so much easier if you weren't my sister!" She yelled.

"I'll see you later Taylor!" I whimpered, leaving the room and slamming the door behind me. I felt tears drip down my face as I walked across the floor to the room number Austin gave me. I knocked on his door and he opened it, wearing his pajamas.

"Kaitlyn? What happened?" He said, pulling me into a hug and closing the door.

"T-Taylor and I h-had a fight a-and," I stuttered.

"Shh, it's ok," he said softly, leading me to his bed.

"Can I stay here tonight?" I asked.

"Sure," he said.

"Thanks," I said.

"Here," he said, handing me one of his t-shirts. I went into the bathroom and changed into his shirt, leaving on my shorts that I was wearing under my skirt. He let me get into his bed.

"Wait, where are you going to sleep?" I asked him.

"I'll sleep on the couch," he said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine, you should go to bed," he said, starting to leave.

"Wait, will you stay with me?" I asked.

"Of course," he said, climbing into bed next to me. I leaned my head against his chest and I felt him relax under me. I fell asleep as my tears slowly dried on my face. I let all my worries about the fight drift away as I fell into deeper and deeper sleep.

----------------
Ahh it hurt my heart writing the fight between Taylor and Kaitlyn and the fight wasn't even that bad. The next chapter will be in Taylor's POV starting right after the fight. But Kaitlyn and Austin are so cute😍