Chapter 13

Y/N POV

        Eating at a slow pace, I savored all of the food.

"So (Y/N), we heard that you used to be an assassin from the (L/N) family." Kikyō said amused

"Indeed, although I never really liked taking the job as an assassin so I ran away." I said in response

"That's too bad, we could've been rivals and tested our skill against yours." answered a boy with long black hair and surprisingly big black eyes. "I'm sorry, my name is Illumi. Glad to talk to you."

I just nodded in response.

"So, (Y/N). What type of techniques do you use when killing." asked Silva

"I'm sorry sir, I'm not allowed to say and I don't kill anymore." I say

"That's too bad, we could've shown you some of the greatest assassins' techniques if you agreed to go out with our son." said Kikyō

*she does say 'That's too bad' a lot, Huh?* I thought unsurely

"Mom, stop trying to bribe her in doing so. She's not a puppet, and neither will you get to treat her like one. She's already really skilled in combat, she proved that in school when we practice with dueling partners." Killua says defending me

"No it's okay. It's not like they're forcing me to do so unlike my parents. But I still won't allow my families techniques to be heard." I said.

"Alright then. Since you won't say anything about your families techniques, we'll just change the subject." Kikyō said a bit irritated.

        I was looking for ways to lighten up the mood, but nothing came to mind.

*It would be fun to test my skills against the Zoldyck's....*

"How about after dinner...we have duels against each other. Instead of being rivals, why not just test the skills we have? It'd make this meeting more entertaining. The only rules are, are that you can't kill, there will be a 30 minute time limit or submit defeat, you can only use your own techniques which means no weapons. I'll fight against 4 of you." I said explaining

"Interesting... Do you choose who you go up against?" questioned Illumi

"Your choice, not mine. I want to test my own abilities and learn what my mistakes are. Choose who I'll fight with first." I said

"Alright then." Illumi responded

        After dinner, we began moving to a field that they owned. The grass moved gracefully amongst the wind. I knew that by dueling 4 of the Zoldycks' I'll be very exhausted by tomorrow. Today is my only chance to go up against the Zoldycks' and test my abilities, along knowing theirs. Since I'm not a part of the (L/N) assassins anymore, I'm not their enemy/rival.

        It was dark outside, but not too dark. The stars and the moon sparkled and glowed throughout the fields. I concentrated on my vision to activate my night vision ability.

"Who's up first?" I asked

"I'll go." said Illumi

*starting out tough eh~?*

"Alright. Come on then." I said

"You seem rather overly confident." Illumi said

"No, just a bit anxious to test my skill." I protested

Nobody's POV

"Begin!" Yelled one of the Butlers

(Y/N) had a smirk on her face. *I'll just find out his abilities first, then I'll see what I can figure out.* (Y/N) had thought.

        After thinking, (Y/N) pulled out a dagger with poison on it. {Don't ask where the danger came from} She moved incredibly quick behind Illumi while concealing her presence. *Just a scratch, then I'll see if he's also immune to poison. Just like Killua.* (Y/N) thought. (Y/N) was able to get behind Illumi, put the dagger against his neck, and scratched him a bit.*She's fast* Illumi thought. One second after, Illumi grabs (Y/N)'s arm and throws her across the field. In the process, Illumi managed to dislocate some of her bones and shatter them a bit.

        (Y/N) looked in pain but kept a smile on her face. *Just as I thought, Immune to poison and has strength. He didn't flinch either when I scratched his neck.* (Y/N) thought. *Immune to poison, has incredible strength, and is highly tolerated to pain... This is gonna be harder than I thought." (Y/N) threw a punch at Illumi which he caught, then she tried kicking him, Illumi then caught her leg. (Y/N) was defenseless. *He's also very well in unarmed combat.... I need to distract him, but how?* she thought. Before (Y/N) could even think of anything else, Illumi then kneed her in the stomach which made her fly back a bit. (Y/N) held her stomach but was still able to keep balance. *Think (Y/N), THINK! How can you distract him?* (Y/N) thought. "You sure do have skill, and to think that you're still able to stand." Illumi said quite amused.

        That's when (Y/N) remembered, he gets easily anxious as well. *All I have to do is impress him, that'll catch him off guard for a second.* (Y/N) thought *But how is the main question.*

        As (Y/N) was processing a plan Illumi suddenly ran up to her and began fighting her hand to hand combat. At this point, (Y/N) already knew what to do, distract, react, and action. One, she started focusing her Nen into making clones. She learned that she was a Conjurer in school when they taught her about Nen. Two, making as several clones as possible, all the clones attacked Illumi. Three, Illumi was a bit fast as well, and taking out the opponents were a piece of cake for him. Four, keeping the exact same Nen flow in each clone, it would be almost impossible to find (Y/N). Five, while the clones began fighting, (Y/N) was underground digging quickly to Illumi's location. She sealed away her Nen, so that she could get an advantage while Illumi was distracted. Eager, Illumi wanted to find the real (Y/N) quick, before she could plan something out. Lastly, Six, right as Illumi was about to punch another clone, all of the clones backed away as if on que, and the real (Y/N) came out of the ground punching Illumi really hard on the jaw making him fly upwards, giving the chance that (Y/N) could place another attack by kicking him down to the ground from the air. 30 seconds remained on the timer. Illumi wasn't standing up, still on guard, (Y/N) stood there patiently.

10...
9...
8...
7...
6...
5...
4...
3...
2...
1...
"Time's up! (Y/N) (L/N) is the winner of this match!" The Butler announced.

        Everyone was shocked seeing Illumi beaten, on the floor. All except Killua, the only one who had faith in you from the very beginning.

~~~~~~~~

Who's going to be your next opponent reader~chan?

Bai!!  o (>‿<✿)