Chapter 11

It was time to make the announcement of your arrival. You're so scared. You didn't know how they would react. Alia's father is on a balcony and you hear cheering. He begins to speak.

"Good morning my people. As you know, today is the day the peace treaty among clans shall be renewed. But today is unlike any other. For today, the heir to the fire clan is joining us. She is here to show how the fire clan does not harm any of the other clans," he turns to you and gestures for you to come forward. Slowly, you make your way forward. When you come into sight, there are murmurs and people jeering. You turn to Alia's father and he smiles. "I will be right next to you."

Taking a deep breath you say, "I am F/n of the fire clan. I know most of you are angry or afraid or maybe even both, knowing I'm here. First though, I want to apologize on behalf of my ancestors and tribe. I am aware that war had an effect on your clan." The air clan during the war was affected because it was right next to both clans. Many people of the air clan had died because they were thought to have sympathize with either fire of water clan and were killed by the opposing side. "Second, I genuinely want my clan to be at peace with yours and everyone else. I want to make like the times way before happened. When everyone was able to be allies instead of enemies. And finally, I want to show all the clans we are not monsters. The war has left an impression that we are cruel and evil but we are not. I want to try to fix things to make everyone feel safe, but in order to that, I need your help. Thank you." The crowd silently looks at you. You see people glaring, others cowering and others just looking at you without anger or fear. You don't know if they believe your words.

"So everyone," Alia's father says, "She is trying to fix things between the clans. In order do so, we need your cooperation." After a moment of silence there is a cheer. "In a few hours, the future clan heads will be in the town trying to help others and fix some of your problems." He soon dismisses the crowds and everyone goes back inside. Alia runs up to you.

"You did so well!" She states as she hugs you. You didn't realize you were trembling. "Anyhow, I hope you're ready. We need to see the town."

Edited by Audballlllll