Chapter 34

You stared out the window, you were terrified to go out, but it seemed better to leave. You wanted to go home. You had only been in the water clan for three days, but having your every move watched under such scrutiny made it feel longer. Oum comes in the room and you turn to face him.

"Sorry for leaving you alone for a long time," Oum says with a sad smile.

"You didn't keep me waiting," you say inaudibly. You don't understand why Oum became like this. You knew he loved you but was it really the reason he became like this. When he sees the lack of emotion you show he gently holds your hands.

"What happened F/n? You were outgoing and expressive, but now, you're not," he observes, but you simply look Oum in his eyes. He has genuine worry but even if you explained he never understand.

"...I'm fine," you say, breaking away from him as you turn back to the window. He wraps his arms around you.

"What is it F/n? I can't help you if you don't tell me," he reasons with you. You decide to try and appeal with him to see if you can change your situation.

"Oum, perhaps we can postpone our marriage. Let the people get use to me being the future wife of the clan heir." He tightens his hold. You couldn't outright say you wanted to leave. You knew you couldn't. But perhaps you can make it so you can see your family."

"I can't allow that F/n. You ran away from me. I don't want you to run from me."

"I miss my parents Oum. You took me from my clan. They are probably in uproar. Can I please see them?"

"You will," you turned to face Oum, "After we are married. It is the only way I can guarantee that you won't leave me." You cast your eyes downward. He grasps your chin forcing you to look up. "Why won't you love me F/n? I am willing to do anything for you as long as you stay by my side."

You saw that Oum wouldn't take a negative answer. But maybe you can work your way to his good graces so you wouldn't have limited freedom. "Oum, I don't love you now but perhaps with time. Also I need time. Time for me to get used to everything. Please understand this." you plead.

Oum looks reluctant. But he finally, he says, "Alright, with time. With time you will learn to love me. Afterwards, we will be happy," he says hugging you. You return his hug. Your plan was working. Perhaps with time you would be free. Or perhaps you will be married to a man who is dangerous.

Edited by Audballlllll