Chapter 36

It has been a few days since and Oum has been tryinf to and make you feel comfortable whenever he could, but you were still sad. You don't know what Oum did but none of the servants looked you in the eye. Instead of disgust, they all looked afraid of you. While you walk the halls aimlessly, you run into Kai.

"Hello F/n," he says with a smile. You were thankful Kai tried to make you feel better. "I got a letter from Alia. She says Teron and her are coming for a visit. They heard of your engagement and wanted to congratulate you."

"Oh, I see," what you didn't know, was that the two of them were aware of your present situation, about how you were kidnapped and forced into marriage. Just then Oum appeared. He glared at Kai and pulled you close.

"What are you doing?" he asks with spite.

"I am telling her that Alia and Teron are visiting. I don't know how but they found out about your engagement. They are coming by tomorrow."

"So?"

"Don't you think F/n wants to see them. I mean they were her first friends outside of the fire clan." Kai brings up. Oum glares at Kai and you quickly speak up.

"I miss them. It would be nice to hang out with them again, the four of us," you say, holding onto his arm.

"I guess," Oum agrees reluctantly, "Anyways, come with me. A seamstress is here to get your measurements for the dress you will wear." You wave goodbye at Kai and follow Oum. In comparison to you, he seemed more excited about the dress then you.

"We are here," he says. You then enter the room with the seamstress. She does her job quickly and soon starts working on the dress. "I can't wait to see you in it!" she says happily, "...Me too." you say with a little bit of distaste. The rest of the day was then spent planning for the upcoming wedding.

The next day, Alia and Teron arrive. "Miss me?" Alia says as she hugs you. She pulls away and looks at Oum, "I don't know how you managed to win her over but you did. So congrats to that."

"You sound like you are mocking me," Oum says with a glare.

"Did my phrasing give it away?" she says covering her mouth before laughing. Teron looks at Alia, then to you and Oum.

"Well. On the way here, Alia was talking non stop about how she wants to have some quality time with F/n alone."

"Why?"Oum eyes her suspiciously.

"I have no friends that are girls back home. For the past several years, I have been stuck with you two. I want to be able to do things all the other girls in my clan do. Like play each other's hair, or talk about books we like, or even gossip. I can't do that with you lot." Just then Kai walks in and sees Alia and Teron.

"You guys came!" Kai says hugging Teron. Teron freezes up but rolls with it.

"So," Alia says once more, "I would like to have a day with F/n. All to myself."

"Ooooh. That means we can all hang out together. Just the guys." Kai says pulling Oum closer.

"...Fine," Oum reluctantly agrees.

"Fantastic," Alia then drags you away to another room. Once in, she makes sure no one is nearby and locks the door. She becomes serious. "I know what happened. I know Oum has the bloodstone."

"How'd you find out?" you ask.

"Your father sent me a letter stating you were kidnapped."

"Are they okay? Oum won't let me talk to them."

"They are fine, and soon you will be fine as well. I found a way to destroy the stone. You need to burn it. Once it is burn you can leave."

"But that is going to take time. Oum has that stone with him at all times."

"Patience will be key. He has enough trust in you that he left you alone with me. You need to build that trust."

"What if we get married before I burn it. We are getting married under the guise that we will create a peaceful union."

"No one will blame you for running away after marriage. If the water clan is angry let them be. They need time to accept you guys. You can't force people to change their outlook on things. Right now the most important thing is getting you away safely and getting that stone away from Oum."

"But the union-"

"F/n," Alia cuts you off, "Oum has never cared about peace between the fire and water clans. He was using that as an excuse to keep you near him. F/n, the marriage alone won't solve the issue, you of all people should know that. Teron and I will figure out what to do about the aftermath, but I promise you, you will be back home."

Edited by Audballlllll