Chapter 27

Oum had become rather easily irritable. Every time his mother approached him about marriage, he would lash out. Finally she had enough.

"Oum! I have been tolerating all your nonsense for quite a while! You have been yelling and throwing fits when I suggest potential woman to be your wife. Why Oum? We talked about things like this before you left. What has gotten into you." She asks.

"I love someone else mother," Oum states defiantly.

"You could of just told me that. If this woman makes you happy you could of just told and I would accept it." she says with a sigh of relief.

"It's the fire clan heir," her expression changes from happy to a very scornful look.

"Oum, you know that won't be easy."

"Think about mother, if we get married, it would cause an absolute union between the fire and water clan! We can be truly at peace."

"Oum you are simplifying things too much. You aren't considering that there will be riots and protests. What about her? You didn't forget what happened to her did you? Do you seriously believe she will agree to such things?" she states sternly. Oum's mother has never liked the fire clan that much. What she hates more are the people who take advantage of others to do cruel things though.

"I have been writing to her."

"You already sent marriage requests with out consulting your father or me? Oum your behavior-"

"Mother I promise you, this will all work out in the end. F/n will live with us and she will be happy with me."

"Does she love you Oum?" Oum went silent. She let out a sigh, "If she doesn't love you, and she comes here, her fear will turn into resentment." She begins walking out, "If you do convince her to come, I have no choice but to support your union. If she leaves though, I won't stop her."

Oum then returns to his desk. As of now he has consistently wrote letters for weeks. He hasn't gotten a reply. The content of his letters were not about marriage, but requests for you to just visit the water clan once more.

As for you, You were reading the letters. You had told Oum how you felt about being in the water clan. As you stare intently at the letters, Jura walks in.

"This is like, the fifteenth letter he's sent you this week. Can you just tell him stop?" Jura says annoyed.

"I have a feeling that if I did, the letters will get more persistent.," you sigh, never taking your eyes off them.

"Well, you can't go obviously. The water clan will treat you like a freak."

"That is true, but I want to put end to the letters."

"Then tell him to meet at the borders and put an end to it there."

"You might be right," you nod, and so you start write a response.

In the letter it states that you would meet him at the border of the water and fire clan at the appointed time you wrote.

A few days later Oum received your letter. He immediately got prepared. He had to bring some guards with him. Before they left he thoroughly explained that should anything happen to you, they would be in trouble.

He had reached the border and saw you waiting there. "F/n! I am so glad you could respond to my letter," he stated excitedly, but you just grimace.

Finally, you say,"...I am sorry Oum, but I am not ready to go to the Water clan."

Edited by Audballlllll