Chapter 26

Today was the day everyone was leaving. Your father and Jura had said goodbye to them at the house, but you were saying goodbye at the border.

"I really am glad to have met you F/n. I hope we can see each other soon." Alia says as she hugs you. Teron says his goodbyes as well and leaves shortly since his clan was the farthest. Alia in turn follows. You are left alone with Oum.

"F/n, I hope that we can see each other very soon." he says, reluctantly leaving. You then head back home to do some work.

Oum never did get to tell you how he felt. When he arrived home he was greeted by his family.

"How was the fire clan?" Kai asked.

"The people were like us."

After a while of discussing what happened at the fire clan, Oum's mother changes the subject.

"Oum, I was going to bring this up sooner but I think now is ideal. A friend of mine has a daughter around your age. I think-"

"No." He whispers.

"What?"

"I said no!" Oum's mother gasps at her son's outburst. "I won't marry her!" Oum storms out of the room.

Oum walked the halls but soon hid behind a pillar. He saw a man. It was the man who assaulted you. He now had a scar running across his face. He was talking to another guard.

"The head said I needed to be laid off a few days for what that b!tch did to me. I swear, the next time the little freak shows up, I'll end her miserable little life." Oum grasped the pillar tightly. He was glaring at the man. He believed his punishment wasn't enough.

The scarred man had just exited out of a pub. He was drunk, very drunk, like the sleepy and suspicious kind of drunk, one that moved with unguided steps. It was as if he wasn't in his own body.

The man walked to a nearby lake. In his state, he walked too close to the edge and fell in. His body wasn't recovered until the morning after.

News of the man's death circulated around Oum's house. A smile was on his face when he heard what happened. "A crooked man should die a crooked death after all." He then pats his pocket before walking to his room. It was time for him to figure out how he's going to bring you to the water clan safely.

Edited by Audballlllll